1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

October 2009 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of October 2009. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of October 2009.

Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Go To Work On An Egg

[​IMG]

Taken around 7.30am after slaving over a hot stove this morning with my Nikon D80 and Sigma 17-70mm.

Bacon, Egg and Mushrooms. Nom Nom Nom Nom.

3. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

Parched

[​IMG]

Peter (the Farmer) getting covered in dust while preparing the field behind the Church for next year's crop.

Taken around noon while walking the dog.

4. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

October 1 - son's bedroom.

MickLL

[​IMG]

5. bmul

bmul Well-Known Member

Lower Thames Street

[​IMG]

The view west along Lower Thames Street - on my way to buy lunch.

Taken with iPhone, processed with BestCamera app.

6. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Lundy

[​IMG]
    Looking across to Lundy from the coast road on the Hartland peninsular on my way to collect our veg box.

7. Mr_P

Mr_P Well-Known Member

Time for work...

Works carpark at about 8:00am today, taken with camera phone!

[​IMG]

8. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Re: Maybe not

[​IMG]

Decided I would not proceed to the back garden after all.

9. Wheelman

Wheelman Well-Known Member

5.30 p.m. View of River Eden taken from the Stone Bridge

[​IMG]

10. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Re: Night Shift

[​IMG]

Waiting for my turn on the fuel pumps.
    About 01:00 Hrs, Eastcroft Depot, Nottingham

Orange SPV E650 mobile phone in 'Desaturate' mode

11. quietangel

quietangel Well-Known Member

yummy!!

[​IMG]

Taken at 9am at my work, my drivers 40th birthday cake (courtesy of my mum) - which was demolished about 30 seconds after this was taken!!

12. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

Stump

[​IMG]

On the way home from work. Canon G9

13. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Wash-Day Blues

Doing the washing today - some of those liquid detergent sachet-capsule-type thingies.

[​IMG]

13:41, 1st of October, 2009 - at home in Dorset.

14. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

My friend, Barbara

[​IMG]

Taken at about quarter past mid-day today. In her sister's sitting room at Pinner.
    We were neighbours in the early 60's. They had their kids as we had ours, but they emigrated to Canada in 1963. She lost her husband fairly recently after a long illness and now she is over here for a holiday to see her family and friends.

So this is my "first view" of her for forty six years.

15. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Shropshire sunshine pm.

Taken from upstairs this afternoon.
    [​IMG]

16. Tickhiller

Tickhiller Well-Known Member

Empty Woolworths

[​IMG]

A beautiful building - sadly empty

17. snowqueen

snowqueen Well-Known Member

Re: at college

[​IMG]

At college all day in lessons and the studio, my nephew joe taken around 3pm - he's camera shy! lol! :)

18. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

The Lake

[​IMG]

Central park Chelmsford, 18:37, on my way home from the station.

Canon PowerShot G10

19. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Acock's Green in the Sun

[​IMG]

Suburb of Brum, Acock's Green. Image tweaked on Lightroom, Softened with the clarity slider and used fill light on the dark bits.

Taken at 17:20 on my way to a Social Media Surgery!

20. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Re: Converse

[​IMG]

23:32, study floor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.