1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

October 2009 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Sep 30, 2009.

1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for comments arising from the October 2009 picture thread.

2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I like mine the bestest :rolleyes:

Jack

3. Sorry Jack, but Dream_Police has the most interesting and Mr_Geoff the prettiest!

Perhaps if you changed that tatty "olde worlde" Pentax DSLR for a nice new up to date mobile phone your photography would improve?
    You know what they say Better equipment = Better photographs

;)

Paul

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Cheers,

Jack

5. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Where is TFC's pic? It doesn't show for me.

Strewth!!! That was quick - second visit to the thread produced the photo.

MickLL

6. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

I'm going to have a sulk - bank holiday in Cyprus on Thursday, so took a four-day weekend. Finished off a film, and SWMBO got it processed today, together with a CD. As I didn't have to scan the negs, I thought I would post here. Try as I might, I couldn't figure out how to upload to the FirstView site. :(

Never mind - there is always next month. [/sulk :D]

7. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

I have heard it can be fussy though Ive never had a probnlem with it myself. No matter, you can post the piccie anywhere and just link to it here, where do you normally put your pics? I generally pout mine on my flickr account as well as the FV site. Huw'll always open the thread for you to post a pic if it has closed. :) :)

8. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Why wait till next month...

Standard Coppermine procedure;

• Register account
    • Login
    • Click 'Upload file'
    • Point to file - either online or on your PC
    • Click 'Continue', then 'Continue' again
    • Select album (2009 - 10 October)
    • Fill out details
    • Click 'Continue' and 'Continue' again.
    • Now goto the 2009 catagory
    • Click text or image to enter '10 October' album
    • Click your image thumbnail (probably on page 2) to view full size image & details
    • Right-click image to see properties, copy location url, post here. :)

9. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Yup - I would just add that where the 'Upload File' button/link is does seem to vary quite a bit depending on which theme you select, and with some it's actually hidden until you mouse-over the right button.

10. TheFatControlleR

Yes, that is unfortunate. However, I recently made the Coppermine default ('Classic') theme the, err default theme for the gallery, which has all the text links in plain view, hopefully making life a tad easier for the uninitiated. ;)

11. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Yes, the 'classic' one looks fine. I have mine set to 'Rainy Day', FWIW, because I like the tones. But anyway, that works too. :)

12. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Um I dont know what this 'theme' thing is about...? But to upload (or log in for that matter) I have to hover over the 'House' icon until the option comes up...

EDIT: Scrap that, on going backm Ive just noticed it has changed beyond recognition! :D What I am quite concerned about is that I *didnt* notice this when I uploaded this month's file... :D :eek:

13. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Right - I'm on my way!

<rushes off to see Erm pouting on her Flickr account> ;)

14. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

*Flashes her bum at Huwie* /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

It basically just means that you can select the colour scheme and layout for the galleries - there should be a drop-down box somewhere on the page with a few alternatives.

16. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Ah! eyeball! Thats what it used to look like! At least, after it moved from whatever it did before that...

Who moved me from Eyeball to some wishy washy blue bollockry? Thats why I never noticed it this month, when I uploaded I was Eyeballing...

EDIT 2: And the house is back! But I cant get out now! Agghhh!!!!

17. SqueamishOssifrage

Ay, there’s the rub!

I moused over acres of screen real estate on every page I could find, but no upload button!

18. SqueamishOssifrage

Thanks for the clue - changing themes got me a sighting of the upload link. My work here is done. :D

19. TheFatControlleR

Well worth the perseverance I'd say - Mr Gitzo looks very comfortable on-board.

Sorry for the confusion. :eek:

20. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Well, that's it for another month - many thanks to everyone who contributed. Any late additions - pm me or one of the mods, as usual, and we'll open up the picture thread again. Otherwise, see you all back here again in November. :)

[​IMG]