1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Oban Scotland

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by IvorCamera, Sep 1, 2017.

1. cliveva

cliveva Well-Known Member

Hi, at present on fourth week of the North Coast 500, first rain yesterday, so you can get lucky, 30 miles north of Oben, with stunning scenery for the whole trip. Best done when the schools are open, was to do it in May, when there are carpets of blue bells and less midges.

2. John King

John King Well-Known Member

I cannot agree with Oban as being particularly photogenic. I had a week up around there some years ago and found it dismal. The camp site owner was downright rude and unwelcoming. Although the weather was very good, the best opportunities for landscape was inland. Even the cafe's found it impossible to make a decent cup of tea! The best thing about Oban is the ferry to Mull, now there is a truly fantastic area for photography!

Incidentally the North Coast 500 is coming under scrutiny. It seems that a lot of idiots driving high powered cars are trying to change the route into a race track and causing crashes on the narrow winding roads north of Inchnadamph where there are generally only passing places every few hundred yards. It is making life in some places unbearable for the local population.

3. Instamixes

Instamixes New Member

All of these are beautiful pictures. I have never seen it before.

4. John Fantastic

John Fantastic Active Member

Beautiful. :)