1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

NP-FM500H battery

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by swanseadave, Sep 19, 2019.

1. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a reliable source for genuine Sony batteries please.

I`ve looked on fleabay but none look "right"
    I somehow "mislaid" one while on holiday Lake Como.

2. Steve52

Steve52 Well-Known Member

Have you tried 7dayshop? Its been a while since I bought batteries for any of my Sony cameras, but I think they are quite a reliable source.

3. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Quite a selection on Amazon, including genuine Sony at an exhorbitant price £58, others from under £10

4. Andytw

Andytw Well-Known Member

I expect that to get a genuine Sony battery you will need to spend around £50-60.
    The cheapest I could find was https://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/p-sony-np-fm500h-lithium-ion-rechargeable-battery.htm from what would seem to be genuine suppliers.

I've used 3rd party FW50 batteries in my A6000 from Rav Power which work fine including the info lithium features but they don't seem to do a FM500H replacement.
    Of the other 3rd party battery suppliers "Ex-Pro" seem to have a good reputation but I don't have any personal experience of their products.

5. swanseadave

Sorry for not replying sooner.Painting the kitchen before new flooring fitted.
    I`ve been watching 2xsony used FM500H batteries on ebay.The guy has an unblemished record
    and appears to have had 5,3 of which have been sold for £9.99 each.I`ve previously bought a 3rd party battery branded Duracell
    which was duff from the outset,so I`m now a bit wary.
    Andy,I`ve also looked at the Ravpower and Expro you mentioned but cannot decide what to do.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions

6. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

7. swanseadave

Thank you Alex that`s another possibility

8. swanseadave

I`ve found it!! hidden away in my slingshot bag which I`d searched countless times.It`s a genuine Sony too.

The duff duracell I mentioned was for my now departed A100 which was overheating and shutting down.

Alex1994 likes this.