1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now here's something we can really get our teeth into!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SqueamishOssifrage, Oct 21, 2020.

1. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

You need to come up with a vegetarian alternative for that statement..... maybe "I have no cauliflower with vegetarians as a rule" or "I have no baguette with vegetarians as a rule" (well, a baguette is a sort-of substitute for a 12-inch rule.....)

Zou, John Farrell and AndyTake2 like this.
  2. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I submit that the honourable member should remember the rule of holes

3. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

You can blame them for quite a few things, they can get quite aggressive at times.
    Beware!!

Dan S likes this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I must say the Glamorgan sausages I made to day have woken up my throat. Think that was the mustard!

5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Diversity is critical to life, and so I welcome people with different dietary and ethical stances to me. Words are just words.

6. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Words are just words Tony but those who push and decry us because we eat meat seem to express their words in a loud voice. I am live and let live but many vegans are very vocal and set on confrontation because they are right. When I was blogging I posted an article about vegans and veggies demonstrations outside a family butchers shop. Don

7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Vegans who campaign outside butcher's shops and stand in city centres showing videos while wearing white masks are a minority. They give people who just want to eat in a way which supports their ethical position a bad name. I just ignore them, I certainly don't associate them with veganism specifically.

dream_police likes this.