1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novoflex M adapter

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Damien_Demolder, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

Hi all

Just to let you know we have a short review of the Novoflex M to Micro Four Thirds adapter (link to Speed Graphic store site) in the 14 Feb issue (on sale 10 Feb). I used it with a collection Voigtlander lenses - both M and L. I used the L-M adapter coupled with Novoflex unit to get the screw lenses to fit.

Hope you enjoy it

damien

2. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

It also works nicely combined with the Novoflex Leica M to Nikon adapter. :)

3. Damien_Demolder

We also stuck the OM adapter on it, which worked well too.

It's amazing how much fun you can have with a few metal rings :D

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Oh dear, not up to your old tricks again, are you? :D

5. Damien_Demolder

Wot a rude boy :eek:

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I was so nice and polite 'til I found this site... :D

7. Mark_Norton

Mark_Norton Well-Known Member

I'm really pleased AP decided to renew the Novoflex adapater; I think it's a great accessory for the G1 and using an M to Nikon adapter, I've used the G1 with lenses from 14mm to a 400 with 1.7x TC which gives an equivalent FoV of a 1340mm lens on 35mm. With M lenses, you can add a Leica accessory called an OUFRO which is a mini-extension ring; it allows you to use lenses for close focussing; the 90mm/f4 Elmar and 75mm/f2 Summicron work really well.

Other reviewers say the G1 works less well with wides but I think it's great to be able to use my M glass in this way. Interesting to see too the G1 won an award in the AP awards. There are a few people who talk the camera down because it resists classification. For me, it's one of the most innovative developments in a long time.

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

9. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Well the image size is close to identical to 110, so the lenses should cover it no problem. Hmmm, using them could be fun!

10. Garfield

Garfield Well-Known Member

I want one! I have the 24mm and 18mm 110 lenses and they'd work so brilliantly on a G1!