1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

November 2020 Theme - Time and Motion

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by PeteRob, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Thanks very much, Dan :) Twas, sitting inside sipping my coffee when I saw her running, she stopped, looked back, started yelling
    and I just waited for the inevitable to happen ;)

Cheers,

jack

Dan S likes this.
  2. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jack, it was taken on my E-1 in about 2008, just after I'd bought it. Still think this is a better handing camera than those that followed it.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

Yes, the viaduct at Chappel. I keep trying different compositions of it, but seldom get anything that I'm happy with.

Done_rundleCams and gray1720 like this.
  4. Footloose

Depends on your opinion regarding pigeons ...

2020-11-26l.jpg

5. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

DSC_3990-3.jpg

6. Footloose

2020-11-26j.jpg

Done_rundleCams and Catriona like this.
  7. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

Ok Jack, I need to know, what was the inevitable thing that happened?

8. Done_rundleCams

what you saw in the photo, Dan ;)

Cheers,

Jack

Dan S likes this.
  9. Done_rundleCams

10. Footloose

2020-11-26c.jpg

EightBitTony and Done_rundleCams like this.
  11. Footloose

12. Done_rundleCams

Well done, Sam, you're bringing out your A game :). Those, both, a cracking shots :)

Cheers,

Jack

Dan S likes this.
  13. Footloose

This is my final one, an RC car 'attacking' a fast-food container.

2020-11-26g.jpg

Done_rundleCams, Geren and Catriona like this.
  14. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi all, so November draws to a close and it's time to pick a winner!

I have to say that it has been quite difficult. I started short-listing and the list got to 14, then grew some, which was no help to me at all but perhaps indicates how much I liked the entries, So a big thank-you to everyone who took part as I this will turn into a very long post if I mention everyone individually.

I was for ages pivoted between Nigel's Tuc-Tuc #23 and Geren's sparkler #69 while trying to argue to myself why windswept man 2 #2 shouldn't sweep the board. The sheer timing needed to capture the skateboarder #19, hit a moving tube train window #26, and the madness of the back-flip #85 really deserve mention. Dan's wave #63 I liked too, it is hard to get a good shaped one. I was also immediately struck by the perfectness of the (un)intentional camera movement by Kath in #19, I am so glad that no hurt resulted, and the intentional movement in #8 and #55 by Kate. Mike's mallard also made for some interesting movement in #35. The mix of bustle and serenity of the station #40 got me too.

It is all so difficult but I think I am going to nominate Sam for the bungee jump #73. I passed it over the first time, mainly because bungee jumps make me cringe desperately, but looking again it is frozen movement - you know she is accelerating at 9.81 m/s/s but it all looks so still. Goodness knows what she is thinking at that moment! I really liked Sam's other shots too - #91 was a candidate and I loved the humour of the aeronaut #86.

So well done Sam, you can go Footloose on the next topic!

Thank you to everyone! Pete.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  15. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Thank you Pete - and many congratulations to a worthy winner! Looking forward to Footloose's next challenge! :)

16. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

Thanks Pete, great theme and well done Footloose, excellent shot :)

17. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Thanks for a great theme Pete! Congrats aplenty to Sam - looking forward to seeing what you come up with now!

18. Done_rundleCams

Congrats to Pete for choosing the winner and to Sam (Footloose) having the winner and a
    bunch of great photos, in general :)

Cheers,

Jack

19. Footloose

Oh, I wasn't expecting this to happen! However, I have come up with another theme, but it seems I haven't the 'permissions' to do so. How do I go about starting December's new thread?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  20. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Create the thread in Exhibition. Then report it using the Report button that follows your signature. This puts up a box, asking for the reason for the report. in the box just put text to the effect “please move this to Forum Competitions and Themes”.