1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

November 2009 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of November 2009. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of November 2009.

Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. Simon_md

Simon_md Well-Known Member

Looking out my Kitchen window this morning :

[​IMG]
    It's gonna be a lovely day!!

3. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

The Morning After

and all are safely home after All Hallows Eve

[​IMG]

Shot in the cemetary next to the old people home where SWMBO works - great planning putting the home there!

4. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Re: Seeing red

Taken about an hour ago, think this one may take me a bit longer to complete than usual!!

[​IMG]

5. Tickhiller

Tickhiller Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I have finally decided that my cycling days are over and put my bike on ebay this afternoon. Looking out of the window it seems a good decision - it's grim out there.

6. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Mrs Bench & the Chubbster out for a Sunday afternoon constitutional.

Date & Time: 1 November 2009 15:04
    Camera: Samsung GX20

7. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Fell out" with avg after it deleted my wireless program on a False Positive this morning, and after emailing them and advising, got a "yeah it's FP" but no update like they said.

Trying it, and I'll see how long before I head back to avg with the ignored directory ;)

G>

8. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Had something else to post but as it's taken me all day to get this far...

[​IMG]

9. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

part of an old pc case and some old bits. Chuck in Linux and I've got a cheap surfing machine.

[​IMG]

Nig. :cool:

10. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Rest break

[​IMG]

After moving a few boxes up the loft I needed break. Also noticed when processing the shot I appear to have a leak.

Taken 10:30ish

11. peterf

peterf Well-Known Member

Firemen attending flooding outside house.

Got up this morning to find the road outside house flooded by blocked culvert. These firemen, who did a great job seemed to do some sort of ritual prior to jumping in the swollen stream. Thankfully they didn't but the flooding did retreat.
    [​IMG]

12. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Gateway Timeout

[​IMG]

IPC has, as ever, been sat on its butt for most of the day

Date & Time: 01 November 2009, 12:16:11
    Camera: Canon Powershot S3 IS
    Notes: Manual: f7.1, 1/15s ISO400
    Keywords: IPC are $hit Gateway Timeout First View November 2009

13. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

His Master's Voice

We had tea with my son and his wife yesterday and in the afternoon took their dog for a walk in the park. Here he is waiting for his ball to be thrown so that he can chase after it like a mad thing and bring it back. I wish I had his energy.

About 3.45 p.m. on November 1st in a public park on the outskirts of Northampton.

[​IMG]

14. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Scanning.

[​IMG]

Raining lots today so I developed a roll of film in the morning, and scanned it in the afternoon, and still managed to play taxi driver and cook for the children on their various appointments throughout the day. Canon G9 about 6pm 1st Nov. 2009

15. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Power Cut

Well, not much happened here at all yesterday - we had a power cut from about 8:20 in the morning (according to the electricity board anyway - it was before I got up) until just after 1:00 this morning. That's 17 (seventeen!) hours. It felt like being back in 1973 again. Anyway, it was a miserable day out, and not really much better in: no lights, no cooking, no kettle for so much as a cup of tea, no computer, etc. Zip. Nada. Feck all, for seventeen hours.

[​IMG]

16. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Meggles

[​IMG]

My cat Meg snuggling up on the sofa in the evening. Home, Devon, 1 November 2009, 17:55, Fujifilm S5500.

17. John_Baker

John_Baker Well-Known Member

Sunday 1 Nov - my first christening...

My daughter was at church for the baptism of her Goddaughter, I was then begged to turn up with my camera – anyway 200 pictures later, little poppet was a total treasure...

[​IMG]

18. quietangel

quietangel Well-Known Member

lovely to come home to

got home last night and found this waiting for me.....

[​IMG]

19. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Last day of a holiday

[​IMG]

We got a cheap break to Zakynthos/Zante, and 1st was the last day. This is the view behind our apartments, as we waited for the airport transfer.

20. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Well I had my coffee, but, I had to pay for it :(

[​IMG]

File Name: AP-FV-Nov01-09-IMGP9547.jpg (rename)

File Size: 86 kb - 580 x 394

Camera Make: PENTAX Corporation

Camera Model: PENTAX K200D

Date/Time: 2009:11:01 13:18:35

Resolution: 580 x 394

Flash Used: No

Focal Length: 135.0mm (35mm equivalent: 202...

Exposure Time: 0.0040 s (1/250)

Aperture: f/4.0

ISO Equiv.: 100

Whitebalance: Auto

Metering Mode: center weight

Exposure: program (auto)

Cheers,

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.