1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

November 2009 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Oct 31, 2009.

1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for comments arising from the November 2009 picture thread.

2. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Great minds think alike I see Myk :rolleyes:

3. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

That is the first 'First View' I have managed to post for three months, I remembered to take the photographs but not to get around to posting :(

Edit: Good to see that Huw has the little yellow M flag back, and indeed posting else ware on the forum.

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

But you can still post them now! :) Just ask one of the mods to open the relevant thread for a bit.

And all before the AP site had even connected :rolleyes:

5. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Good point, I will try to at least get them into the relevent FV gallery this evening.

6. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

I'm only an 'M' for this board though. I thought perhaps running FirstView would be a good way to keep some contact with the forum and everyone here, without actually taking too much time.

Anyway, as Erm says, just pm me or another mod to get closed picture threads re-opened for late submissions. The closing is basically a simple and painless way to try to encourage people to be reasonably prompt in submitting pictures, in order to keep the whole thing from slipping away from its essential '1st of the month' remit.

7. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

I might be PM'ing you Huw, I notice I have a few months missing. Took shots, but didn't get round to posting.

8. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Okey dokey, well that's what I'm here for. I wonder - can you beat Nick's record of posting a FirstView shot three months late? :)

9. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I might still beat that yet... :D

10. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

So might I :) ...if I ever get the picture I want to post for August off a friend :mad:

Edit: Just checking back on the FV site... I missed September too :eek:

11. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Okay, that's all, folks. Unless there are any latecomers we're done until next month. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

The next FirstView day is, of course, the last of 2009 - our third year of the FirstView project - so expect another 'FirstReView' thread later in December. It might be along similar lines to last year's (where everyone chose and posted their own favourite FirstView images of 2008), or maybe I'll think of some other twist for it this year. Well, hopefully it will be an enjoyable way to look back over 2009, at any rate. :)

[​IMG]