1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

November, 2008 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by TheFatControlleR, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of November, 2008. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of November, 2008. Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the new FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. Custard

Custard Well-Known Member

The morning after!

[​IMG]

I got up especially early (7:35AM) to take this shot. It is of a ceramic pumpkin left up from halloween last night. I left it up on purpose so it would get covered in frost but it was too close to the house so i had to make do with dew instead.

3. Wonkydog

Wonkydog Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last night's "Trick or treat" collection. Should last a day or two.

4. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Early post delivery, First of the month
    Minolta G600 compact. 1/60/f2.8

[​IMG]

5. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11:23am

He's not sure whether to have a kip or if he's going out for walkies.

The kip won him over. :rolleyes:

6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

My first masterpiece....landscape painting in Acrlic on canvas 10" x 12"....er slightly unfinished so a work in progress
    [​IMG]
    shot on Canon powershot A510 blah blah... :D

7. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

At the Garage, Birmingham 09:14. Went to get a new battery, ended up doing IT work (Router config, got the Battery FOC!) - Also my first desk/computer shot!

(Just spotted the date's wrong on top of the monitor, it was today though :) )

8. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My daughter's new car (partly financed by me!) collected this morning.

Andrew

9. Tickhiller

Tickhiller Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

November, 2008 - FirstView Pictures - Stag

[​IMG]

Warnham Deer Park, K20d and Bigma at 500mm, 2-300 metres range, Manfrotto monopod

11. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Feeding the birds

[​IMG]

It's time to start feeding the birds again - so the feeder is out, filled with sunflower seeds. Loads of different species like them.

Taken on a cold, wet and windy saturday 1st at around 11am with my sturdy Canon 20D and Sigma 18-200mm lens.

12. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

Lovely weather... :(

[​IMG]
    15:24, my back window, EOS 40D 50mm f1.8 + extension tubes, tripod, mug of coffee.

13. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

New Chainsaw

[​IMG]
    1 November 2008, 15:30, my garden, Devon.

I've just bought a new lightwight chainsaw and spent most of the day felling and cross cutting.

14. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

"Is this seat taken?"

[​IMG]

Around 2 o'clock - Samsung NV24 with bench filter ;)

15. 4BIKER2

4BIKER2 Well-Known Member

Early morning dive

[​IMG]

Went diving this morning got in the water about 10 this is just before. :)

Changed the title as you'd used mine - Chris :)

16. Rustyknight

Rustyknight Well-Known Member

Still flaffing around with 40 year old cine film.

[​IMG]

17. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

Steam Engine

[​IMG]

I have just finished this little two cylinder double acting slide valve engine to go into a model steam trawler. It is running-in on compressed air at about 600 rpm.

1/10 sec f3.6.

1 November 16:30ish.

18. Seven

Seven ..or eight

Re: Steam Engine

[​IMG]

dont' know where the day went but looked out and it was dark!!

From my kitchen
    D300
    1/5 f4.2

19. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Hard water

Bl**dy hard water! [​IMG] This is the downside (the only one I can think of) to living on the edge of the downs in Dorset - hardest water I've known anywhere. It does for the taps on a regular basis - they just seize up and can no longer be opened far enough to give more than a trickle. I dare say I could de-scale them enough to get them functioning again if I put my mind to it, but it's still annoying.

Anyway, here's the one I just changed in the kitchen, together with another I took out of the bathroom only a little while back.

[​IMG]

17:57, 1st of November, 2008. Location - in my kitchern, just in the lee of the downs in the north-east of Dorset.

20. snowqueen

snowqueen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My Tree...taken at 10.30 this morning, before i went to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.