1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

November, 2008 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by TheFatControlleR, Nov 1, 2008.

1. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

This thread is for comments arising from the November 2008 picture thread.

2. Custard

Custard Well-Known Member

Well i did it!, i ignored my MAN FLU and got up extra early to take my first view. Hadn't gone as planned, i thought about leaving the pumpkin out all night, and because it is ceramic the frost would settle on it nicely but it was too close to the house, DOH.

Nice stash wonkydog :)

There seems to be 3 piles, is the 3rd pile yours?

3. Wonkydog

Wonkydog Well-Known Member

I wish!
    Nah, got three kids (one out of shot)
    They wanted to sort them out and swap a few (and eat some) this morning. :D

4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

started dabbling with painting/drawing to try and kickstart photography....this is the first..always the most difficult...just copied it from a book. :D
    However I am thinking about a project now so it might have worked..... :D
    Tell a lie it's the second..I did a pastel beachscape about 3 weeks ago...probably enter it in landscape of the year :D

5. 4BIKER2

4BIKER2 Well-Known Member

I remember when I got my chainsaw, I was cutting everything down in the garden whether it needed it or not when my wife called me I turned around and cut a garden ornament in half :eek: :)

6. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Eh,i'm sure i posted a pic of my dog Lady. It was within the size limits but I can't find it.

7. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

It hasn't been deleted, so presumably you just didn't hit the 'submit' button. Just have another go.

8. Panda_

Panda_ Well-Known Member

Only just remembered about this, so had to snap something a bit quick /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Been out all day (went to the Pixels '08 competition and then went to see Andy Rouse showing some off some of his work!)

9. AntSmith

AntSmith Well-Known Member

Missed it last month - D'Oh; so took one on my phone while out shopping in the rain...it has been post processed, i know i know the rules...but I couldn't bring myself to post the horror that is a dull drab flat and ugly basic image from the camera!

10. parisian

parisian Well-Known Member

You been snapping my ex then? :eek:

11. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

But, that's the point!

However, there does seem to be a clutch of folk unable to bring themselves to reveal an ordinary image from an ordinary day, au naturale, as it were straight out of the camera, or phone... I bet our erstwhile psychologist (of 50 years standing) would be able to shed some light on it. :rolleyes:

Still, no matter, I for one would rather see y'all contribute than not. :cool:

12. Larry Shone

Re: Ephemeral

That a TVR Tuscan?

13. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

I have no idea :D it was all shiny and pretty in the sun.

It just reminded me of an Italian silk suit I once had in the early 80s

14. Larry Shone

Oh come on, we all know you still wear it....;)

15. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

If only I were that slim ... the waist would probably fit my thigh now :(

16. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

I do like Mr_Geoff's rain droplets, a very familiar sight!

17. Larry Shone

Too ruddy familiar ;)
    But yea, it is a good un!

18. Seven

Seven ..or eight

Well Huw hard water is supposed to be good for the heart! Our kettle scales up even with filtered water!!!

Ah Wonkydog that's so dead cute looks as though the kids had a great time, so is the stash closest to you yours? :)

19. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

He's havin' a go at me - at least I got out of bed (on a cold freezing day) to take a pic for first view... won't let you use my bench filter if your not nice to me :eek: /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

20. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

Aww thank you! *blush*