1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

November, 2007 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by Chris Cool, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of November, 2007. Please read the main About FirstView thread, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of November, 2007. Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a couple of days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see HOW TO POST IMAGES - MAXIMUM SIZES - Free progs - Tutorials...).

2. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

After work tea, with a good book, and Radio 4...

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: November, 2007 - FirstView Pic: 2007:11:01 00:01:27 (YVR time)

EXIF Data:

Camera model: PENTAX *ist DS
    Date/Time: 2007:11:01 00:01:27
    Resolution: 600 x 400
    Flash used: Yes (manual)
    Focal length: 12.0mm (35mm equivalent: 18mm)
    Exposure time: 0.050 s (1/20)

[​IMG]

FWIW, The McDonalds in the background is where the shop I used to work at -- D&RCameras -- was located :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Jack

4. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: November, 2007 - FirstView Pic: 2007:11:01 00:01:27 (YVR time)

[​IMG]

Tokyo, 0837 (Japan time), 1st of November, 2007.

This is what Tokyo streets look like (well - some of them!) at half past eight on a week day morning - hope all you commuters back home are having fun in the rush-hour traffic. ;-)

5. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

November, 2007 - FirstView - Am I Awake Yet?

[​IMG]

Title: Bleary eyed morning
    Time: 06:42am

6. Seven

Seven ..or eight

I did it :)

[​IMG]
    1st November
    my living room window, pretty much my 1st view once downstairs

7. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

[​IMG]

The Benchism server has been upgraded; the hamster is now governed for a more consistent output... :rolleyes:

At least we've been led to believe that the hamster's being 'governed'!

8. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Bin day - Garden refuse, household waste and recyclable plastic bottles.
    07:51, Panasonic Lumix FX01.

9. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I thought I had disposed of all of my film cameras, but while emptying a packing case from the attic this morning I re-discovered this old lady.

I cannot remember accurately when I last used the camera, but it must have been earlier than 1956. I found a Selochrome HP3 leaflet in the filter compartment of the case, so I guess that must have been the last film that I used.

It all seems to be in good order except that the silvering on the mirror in the waist level finder has gone.

I took a peep through the frame finder and that must have been the "first view" for fifty years plus . . . . . :D

10. staccato123

staccato123 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    (Click for Flickr page)

On the way to work. Not great lighting, and the sky's very flat, but there we are. Taken On the way to work, just before getting on the Leeds-Liverpool Canal towpath to walk to Leeds Station.

Taken with a Canon EOS40D, 50mm f/1.8 at 0734 this morning. Must remember to adjust the camera to GMT. ;)

11. GaryNikon

GaryNikon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I actually remembered to take a first view today.
    This is from my loft window. It's just typical that the sky is bland and the sun wasn't out. I'd seen this shot all week with the sun hitting the trees and already knew that come the 1st the weather would be against me. But still a colourful pic.

12. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

13. john941

john941 New Member

Part of my den, 3-37pm

[​IMG]

14. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

More work on the extension - tiling the kitchen! 15:08 Hrs

15. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Lunch in Brixham

[​IMG]

Ricoh R6 28mm F3.3 1/400 2 second timer Infinity mode - slight sharpen in PS when resizing.

16. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

Tomato plant

It's the 1st of November and I have a tomato plant in flower. This isn't a greenhouse specimen.

[​IMG]

17. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

From my office window

[​IMG]

Another company moving out of the UK.....

18. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

The morning after .....

[​IMG]

Taken 1/11/07 (The morning after .....

Halloween)

19. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Boys from the black stuff...

My neighbours' drive was given a new tarmac covering today.
    [​IMG]

(PS: Both gents are over the age of retirement, but as one of them told me, 'Hard work keeps us young')

20. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

View from One Tree Hill

A view of London from One Tree Hill, Honor Oak SE23. Taken around 2.30 this afternoon.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.