1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing like starting them young ...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Roger_Provins, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I had a tooth removed before I was a month old. Because of my physiology it was growing in the roof of my mouth.
    funny thing is I can't remember the procedure.....

3. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

My parent first took me to the dentist when I was 4/5 years old just to get me used to going. That was 70 years ago and I still tremble when I reach the waiting room. :(

4. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

The fillings I had done without anesthetic as a kid have left me with a lifelong aversion to the dentist, even though my current one is very good with numbing.
    Maybe in that day they thought that working class kids needed the pain :mad:.

5. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Oh, as a BTW I have "snapshot memories" of teething. In my memory my teething ring was as big as a doughnut, but not as tasty.

6. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I just hope she wasn't breast feeding.

SqueamishOssifrage likes this.
  7. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Apparently that's one of the reasons the tooth had to be removed.

Catriona likes this.
  8. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Is the child in question called, 'Juanita', perchance? And was the consequent extraction at 2.30?

9. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I love the taste of novocaine in the morning...

10. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Rumour has it there's a new movie coming out shortly about people who refuse to obey their dentist when he says, "open wide". It's to be titled, "The Novocaine Mutiny"