1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not out... phew!

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by gray1720, Oct 19, 2021.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Not sure how appraisable this is as the framing depended entirely on watching for a good expression as she walked back at the end of the match (not having been run out by her partner, who has a bit of a rep!), hence the odd crop on the hands. Portraiture with a 400mm MF prime... Yes, I'm nuts!

But I always reckon you get a better quality of comment in here.
    _DSC0248.jpg

steveandthedogs likes this.
  2. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

'But I always reckon you get a better quality of comment in here.'

We didn't have gloves like that when I was forced to 'enjoy' cricket at school.
    A friend of mine got a very painful dislocated thumb when stupidly trying to catch a cricket ball (I never bothered to try, only returning the ball after picking it up from the ground).

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

It is a nice study. Background out, bit of an expression. I'm not sure the hands matter. We know what they are. Nice shot, but not quite the grabber that a stronger expression might have created.

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mike - it'll do for what it's being used for, which is in the funnies at the end of the photobook with a caption about not being run out by Chap With Reputation. Definitely a situation where I could have done with autofocus because as they walk back you suddenly run out of hands! Had a similar issue with photos of her bowling - a dynamic one with a big leap, or one with the foot planted but her face showing. Obviously the latter gets it.

I'd love to share the book on here so you can see where all the manure that has stuck to the wall goes, as no-one from the club will spot it pre-release, but I have a feeling I can only share from Photobox via email or Fartbook, which is a drag.

ETA - Hah, I don't think I can share via Fartbook with the new editor. Anyone want to buy a photobook so they can see what I do? No, didn't think so!