1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not About Much For a good Few weeks from now

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LesleySM, May 4, 2016.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Dave introduced me to haggis, I am not sure which one of us was the most surprised when I fell in love with it! I have to make a special trip to the "proper" butcher in Blackheath for mine soon

Zou and Catriona like this.
  2. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

A lot of the jellied eels sold in London come from Lough Neagh, up my neck of the woods.

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

It's all those bloomin bones that got me.

4. LesleySM

A few years ago my cousin graduated and his mum held a big party and laid on an enormous spread

Within 10 minutes people were asking if I was on a diet or ill.....

The centrepiece as my cousin loves them was a 10 litre bucket of jellied eels. I could not go within 10 feet of the food!

Catriona likes this.
  5. LesleySM

Payday tomorrow- okay with all the bills I have to pay it means I will enjoy myself tomorrow then go back to being poor for the rest of the month my debts will start going right down from next month and I am confident most of them will be gone by May and I should get a pay rise in April. I am fairly confident that by the middle of the year I am going to be sufficiently straight to start considering the loan option but may well be in a position to tell the bank to forget about it as my overdraft will start going down but I may consider it to get the flat decorated at last! I know people say why spend money when I don't own the place but I really want to get a shower cubicle fitted, I don't use the bath and that would give me some extra storage space, like anyone in a small flat I am just a bit obsessional about storage space also as I plan to stay here when I get older a shower cubicle is future proofing. The rent here is too damn reasonable for me to want to move!

Job hunting also continues I have an interview Wednesday afternoon for a promotion