1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Priory Walled Garden.

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by yachtsman1, Aug 26, 2019.

1. yachtsman1

yachtsman1 Member

Has anyone been here to take pictures, if so what's your opinion?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It's bijou. We were there when it was very wet, there was something being filmed so we only went in the walled garden, they shut it a couple of minutes later. If you don't know the area then it has been much redeveloped - our sat nav was way out of date - the way in, from the South anyway, gets perilously close to the new toll bridge. A few pics either side of this one if you follow it to Flickr. [​IMG]274A0055.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

3. yachtsman1

yachtsman1 Member

Hi Pete
    Sorry only just seen your post, didn't get a heads up from AP for some reason. We were supposed to go last Wednesday but the weather forecast was abysmal, ended up at Rotten Row Southport, a couple of miles away, got almost 100 pics from it. Did you use the sat nav coordinates from the site. Coming from Southport we come down the M6 then turn off at the North Wales sign, misses the bridge & is probably quicker.
    Thanks Eric.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Possibly easier from the North. We come off the M56 at Frodsham, they put a lot of new road in. Norton Priory is signed as a tourist destination but the turnoff from the Mersea Gateway onto the Daresbury Expressway is the last one before the cameras, so if the brown sign and turnoff is missed you can have a double toll (2 crossings) to pay. There are no toll booths so is easy to forget to pay online at the end of the day. Coming the other way they probably sign you off the expressway before the bridge.

Edit: of course I was discounting any possibility that the Mersea Gateway is convenient for many living North of the river, that's why it was built!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  5. yachtsman1

yachtsman1 Member

I used to go to Frodsham regularly to Steve Webb's model shop in my model aircraft days & it's not far from where Demon Tweeks was in my kit car building days. I'm sure we'll find it.
    Regards Eric.