1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nooby questions

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Littleted, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Littleted

Littleted Member

Ok firstly i was disappointed to find that we can only have the Bulb time setting set to a max of 60 Seconds, so if you wanted to do Star Trails its not as good, Has anybody found a workaround. I see a few posts where user have used a product to stitch them together etc..

ok secondly a real Amateur Question

At my Childs party last night and took a few snaps in Iauto but i noticed that if the Kids moved at all like action shots ( i think i know my answer already but I'm asking ) they blurred. Im currently using 49 Point focus.

Am i right in thinking for anything like this i need to really move to P and up the ISO, the Iauto is really only good for static or snapping slow things....
    Should i change the focus setting to anything other than 49 ? anything else i should be aware of or is it honestly just speed up my shutter ISO ?

thanks all

2. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

Electronic flash gives a very short exposure, provided it's the main light source and effectively removes blur but EF is not always the way we want to go.

Blur is entirely related to the length of exposure. In poor light, the shutter stays open longer to gather enough light, so any motion gets recorded as a smear. The higher the ISO, the less time the shutter has to stay open, for a given amount of illumination and the more sharp the details. There are lots of variations on this theme and the best idea is to explore them for yourself.

Enjoy it and remember that we all get it wrong from time to time...

:D

[​IMG]

3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

According to page 33 of the instruction manual it's up to approximately 120sec in Manual mode -slightly better though not much...