1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Fujifilm chat!

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by AFBingPhotography, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Hello I have one! :D

2. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

There has been a debate recent again on the section layout of the forum.

A member has suggested there be a bridge camera section.

I am of the opinion there should not be brand titles on the forum because it can suggest bias, there is none there but to new members it can suggest it.

3. I don't mind its not there I just started this thread so if anyone else who has a fuji can give me a shout and we can compare :)

4. mediaman

mediaman Well-Known Member

Fuji ? yup, got one of these bridge cameras.... not bad, but the model I have has got a very small screen. So, I don't use it much. Most of the time I use my Nikons..

5. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Kenny ... the new ones (Fuji bridge) cameras have nice big screens ... so, come on, dump that Fujifilm 6900

;)

Jack

6. AlanClifford

AlanClifford Well-Known Member

I like the Fuji F series but as I tend to carry them around in my pocket and generally be a tad careless with them, they suffer.

I had an F31 which I thought was marvelous. I made the mistake of using it as my point-and-shoot as well as my underwater camera, so now I have a useless underwater case. Now I keep an F200 exclusively for diving.

Earlier this year I broke my F70 and decided to buy last year's model, an F500, as an inexpensive replacement. A photo from that won me an HS30.

I'm not sure how the HS30 fits in with my other gear but I went out with it today and it is a lot lighter than the Nikon dslr and lenses. So I think it will find its niche.

7. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

I have 3 Fujis - an S3Pro DSLR, mainly used with the Nikkor 16-85VR, an E900 compact, which goes almost everywhere with me, and an S9500 bridge, my first proper digital camera, which I still use occasionally.

Unlike Mediaman, I've never found the 1.8" screen on the S9500 to be too small (I almost always use the EVF for composing) - in fact, I rejected one of the other cameras I was considering before I bought it (Samsung 815Pro) because its screen seemed too big!

The things I like about the E900 are the optical viewfinder, raw, and AA batteries. It also has a slightly larger sensor than most compacts of the time. I sometimes wish it zoomed out a little wider than 32mm equivalent though. For a long time I was worried about what I would replace it with when it finally dies, but now the X10 looks like a worthy contender.

8. mediaman

S7000 actually :p :)

9. mediaman

...and use the EVF but dislike the small review screen. It also "eats" batteries...even lithium ones only last for a "shoot" BTW , it was only purchased of a friend who was in "money troubles" and I felt sorry for him. :D

10. photogeek

photogeek Well-Known Member

Yes I wondered that , My wife has a Fuji S5 pro and recently I acquired an F600, not had a chance to use it much so far, but I have been very impressed with it so far. I bought as a going to gigs camera, as it fits in the pocket, has a long zoom and an EXR processor that should be great in poor lighting.

I love my Nikon D300 (but can not fit into pocket) and my Panasonic LX3 (but not much of a zoom), but the little Fuji seems to have great images for size :)

11. emma3006

emma3006 Active Member

I have the S2970. It doesn't compare to my Canon but I've found it handy for holiday's or when a family member asks if they can borrow a camera.

12. aahimenaah

aahimenaah Active Member

We could also talk about Fujifilm's lovely new compact system range. I had a go on the X-Pro 1 the other day and was very impressed, although for me it would be a DSLR replacement rather than a back up or alternative.

Can't wait to try out its little brother, the X-E1 when it comes out. Kai Wong on the Digital Rev site says it's 90% of the fun for 60% of the price.

13. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

I'm here! I have an S5pro and recently treated myself to an early birthday present of HS30. I also have a few of their compacts.

14. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

The Fujifilm X-E1 is tested in AP issue dated 8 December, on sale 4 December.

15. aahimenaah

aahimenaah Active Member

Excellent news - I look forward to reading it. Any idea when we'll get a review of the Canon EOS 6D? I'm weighing up a range of lightweight travel
    options!

16. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

OT Re: No Fujifilm chat!

I'm not sure - but the 'Hands-on' can be found here.

17. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

I still have my 6500fd. Great little camera.

Nig.

18. cpfc12

cpfc12 Well-Known Member

I had a Sony A900 with some good lenses but it got to the point where I couldn't carry it around any more let alone point the thing without tripod support.
    I've chopped it all in for a Fuji X pro1 with the current crop of lenses and I haven't missed the DSLR at all. In fact I'm enjoying my photography again as It goes with me everywhere. I am a street enthusiast and not partial to sports photography so I guess this will do me for the future. The quality is superb and as you take the shot I feel transported back to when each shot had to be really thought out because of the cost of film. I never have been a two hundred shots a day man, the enjoyable part for me is working it out and trying to get it right in camera, not always possible but fuji really have given me controls that can be adjusted quickly to get the best out of me and the camera. It has it's drawbacks as well, the auto focus is not rapid even with an update, but the manual control is first class and easy to use.
    Just my view.

Regards Robert

19. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I am glad that I spotted this thread because I nearly started a thread on the same subject, and that would be a repeated faux par in a short period of time.
    I have never owned a Fuji camera but do use a compact as well as my Nikon DSLRs. My compact is the brilliant Canon s90 but it is getting a bit long in the tooth and I have never liked the lack of a viewfinder.
    Fuji seem to be the only maker of small proper cameras with a proper viewfinder. (Canon G series don't count; look through the viewfinder and you'l see why.)
    I suggest a room for viewfinder compacts. For the time being that would be a Fuji room.
    My next purchase, to replace the s90, may well be a Fuji.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  20. aahimenaah

aahimenaah Active Member

I went ahead and bought the X-E1 and so far am enjoying it in the same way Robert is loving his X-Pro. The manual dials and the Q button make it so easy to get exactly what you want on each shot and the film simulation settings e.g. Velvia/Provia/Astia are stunning.

I'm hopefully taking it on holiday with me to Cuba in a few weeks so it'll get a proper road test. First proper holiday without a full (D)SLR kit for many years - I wonder if I'll miss it?