1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Nikon's Cashback Scheme

Discussion in 'Nikon Chat' started by PhotoEcosse, Jan 14, 2014.

1. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

Card arrived yesterday. Now what can I purchase for £20?

2. keratos

keratos Active Member

submitted 19th and 24th Jan, items purchased before xmas. no news and no comms other than the obligatory confirmation email.

have to say that the scheme isnt a great PR motor, because I may think twice in future before buying an expensive Nikkor lens for what will be armature shoots - do my lenses really need to be as good as the professional expectations that pepper the net. So if your reading Nikon, JUST REDUCE THE CASH PRICE !!!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  3. ChrisNewman

ChrisNewman Well-Known Member

Card arrived today (but no acknowledgement of how much cash is on it). I trust the PIN will follow shortly.

Chris

4. keratos

keratos Active Member

Is a pin sent. It's a prepaid card

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

you still need a pin to use it in shops and restaurants etc.....

6. Donkey

Donkey Well-Known Member

Nikon cashback scheme finished for now.
    Pin for prepiad card is the last 4 digits of the 16 digit number on the card that way you can't forget it.
    And anyone can use it if they know about the scheme so don't loose the card lol

7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

perhaps that should read "you still need a pin to use it in shops and restaurants etc....-can you guess what it is...":eek: :D

8. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

No problem last time I had a Nikon Cashback card, went to PC World and put it towards a Canon printer:p

9. PMurrell

Spent it wisely(?) on entering 4 images in the Royal Photographic Society competition.

10. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Well, I for one, hope your investment proves to be successful - keep us posted.

11. Donkey

Donkey Well-Known Member

oooh this could be a new Game :)
    I'll start..... 7598

What's the prize and how do i know if i guessed correctly.

12. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

This is indeed a new game - the tale of the PIN by Donkey. ;)

13. Donkey

Donkey Well-Known Member

I knew that user name would one day bite me in the A**

You Sir are on the ball :)

14. PMurrell

Just completed the Nikon Cashback questionaire. I said in a nutshell, "just give me the money in future... ...please."

15. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

I think Canon still send you a cheque. :)

16. PMurrell

Are you tempting me to make the switch?

17. BOB-R

BOB-R Member

I'm pretty fed up with Nikon Cashback. I followed the instructions correctly and it took 3 weeks before I received a confirmation from Citi Bank, providing me with a Pin Number, and saying that the debit card was in the post. After 10 days I'm still waiting. A phone call to Nikon provided me with a reference number to give to Citi, but when I called them they said they have no record! I still have received nothing, but how come they sent me the Pin Number?

18. Donkey

Donkey Well-Known Member

I applied online to speed the process, Scan & E-mail.
    Maybe the postal service is your delay.
    Although having said that Nikon's cash back has finished this time round so maybe there's 1 poor bugger left in the basement sorting out the last claims.

I have no reason to suspect you won't receive your dosh :) Fingers crossed !

19. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Be thankful; about 2 years ago my daughter bought a Samsung laptop with £100 cashback as a student, and we submitted the claim on line. Samsung claim never to have received it so my daughter was effectively conned out of £100 by Samsung UK

20. BOB-R

BOB-R Member

Since posting my comments yesterday, I have yet again contacted Citi Bank and this time I was able to talk to someone who had not come from so "far away". Strangely they were able to trace my claim, but told me that there was a problem with the Pin Numbers they had been issuing, and I was to destroy the letter they had originally sent me as the number was incorrect. They say that is why I haven't received my card, but a new Pin and card will be sent to me in 2 weeks. Meanwhile, someone has been sitting on my £160! The only positive outcome was the promise that the card will be acceptable in an ATM and I won't have wander round supermarkets spending it!