1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Nikon denies Nikon 1 system is dead but considers higher-end mirrorless camera

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by CSBC, Sep 22, 2016.

1. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

I did clearly state in post wildlife in action and other action :)

Its not a rule it is limitation of the technology in question.

For example 1/2.3" sensor will struggle to take good low light shots without noise appearing. In some cases the sensor even has noise just above 100ISO.

1/2.3" sensor cannot create de-focus around a subject say shooting a portrait.

The are downsides to FF sensor, which is the body can be bulky and more important you need serious glassware for reach.

1" sensors down the line will offer a sweet area between having sensor large enough for reasonable quality and noise at higher ISO. But small enough for keeping lenses on a diet. LOL

I am not speaking as if I have not shot with cameras designed around 1/2.3" sensors I have and I soon found their limitations in certain conditions.

I then move to a 1/1.5" sensor which produced much improved results. :)

For me personally I like to travel light when shooting. This was from the experience of going digital from film SLR via a bridge camera.

Just amazing being able to carry reasonable zoom and fit it in a single pocket or camera bag.

So I now keep any kit at 1KG or below. :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017