1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nikon Coolpix 4500 RAW?

Discussion in 'Nikon Chat' started by gazraa, Jun 13, 2005.

1. gazraa

gazraa Well-Known Member

I've heard that something can be downloaded to enable RAW files to be produced by the Coolpix 4500. It's not an official Nikon thing, but just wondered if anyone has tried it and what they thought of it.

At the moment I just shoot fine jpg files to get a decent amount of images on the memory card while still giving good enough quality and size for web/graphics work if needed.

I've had a few people ask about printing my images for their walls and wondered whether RAW (if possible) would be better than just the tif setting and if playing with the firmware is worth the gains that RAW might give me.

2. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Try a search on DPreviews Nikon talk forum Garry...

Click me!

It was down when I tried a search tonight (Thu). I remember peeps getting excited about it but did not follow it up as I use tif. when printing large sizes (which in my case is rare). Anyway, must be a ton of it on there to read :)

Chris [​IMG] ...I think I'm too lazy to use Raw as I can tweak tif/ jpeg files just as easy for the average punter...

3. gazraa

gazraa Well-Known Member

cheers Chris. I would have done the search thing on dpreview but it had been down for a few days so I lost interest in trying and hoped someone on here would know :)

edit: damn... it's still down. No searching on dpreview. :(