1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Nikon 70 200 f2.8 test photos

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Dougall, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Dougall

Dougall Well-Known Member

very impressed with my new lens that got delivered today these are the first photos taken with it and as you can see they are razor sharp i would recommend this lens to any Nikon user these photos were taken at F2.8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Seems to be nicely focused as well - what more can you want! A little less weight?

3. AlecM

AlecM MiniMe

As Malcolm says, it's a beast! I would second the OP's comments and add that there is little to challenge the quality (and nothing short of a gorilla to challenge the weight!) of the Nikon triple - 14-24; 24-70; 70-200 (all f2.8, all brilliant). I have the set now, and they are easily the best set of lenses I've ever owned for my Nikons.
    :D:cool::D

4. Dougall

Dougall Well-Known Member

Yes what a great lens locks on the focus straight away as sharp as a razor but a big price tag to go with it.
    Does anyone own a nikon teleconverter, might be my next item on my list just want a little feedback before I go paying any more money out.
    Also had the 24 70 f2.8 delivered last week what an out standing lens that one is.

5. Jacqui Jay

Jacqui Jay Grasshopper's Sage

I use a Nikon x2 converter in tandem with my 300mm f2.8 VRII. Apart from the fact that it restricts me to f5.6 (which is a bit of a pain on a dull day), I have no complaints about the results I am getting. I would think twice about using it on a zoom, though. I have had it on my 70-200mm VRII and found it a fraction more recalcitrant in handling, although acceptable as long as I use manual focus. I suppose it depends on what you need the extra length for.

6. AlecM

AlecM MiniMe

I promise I'm not being a copy cat! I have the TC20e III (The new aspherical one) and have used it on both my 300mm f2.8 (VRII) and 70-200 VR II. To be honest, there is a tiny (and I do mean tiny) impact on ultimate AF speed, but that's about it. I use the 20e on the zoom when I feel weak and feeble, not wanting to lug the 300! That gives me a very nice 140-400 at less than half the price of the 200-400 lens (albeit at the cost of another stop). No particular loss in quality to my eyes, so I would recommend the set up.
    I also have the TC17e and that can be a real bonus as you don't lose quite as much light if ultimate reach is not the issue.
    Sounds like you are putting together a great set of glass.
    Enjoy:cool: