1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next move.

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Brian, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

No Oly the X100t won.

Re Fuji exploiting the market of course. Yesterday the XT2 was announced. Am I trading up? No.

More Mp , so what, the XT 1 produces files easily printable to A2 from a JPEG. Dual card slots, one's enough for me. The fully tilt able screen is nice. The video update is of no interest whatsoever, if I needed video I'd by a dedicated camera. No sorry Fuji, try harder, like a fully zooming optical finder. :)

Oh and buttons with positive actions.

2. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Thank you, Brian for the news of the XT2. Not that I want one, but it's appearance will undoubtedly see the 2nd hand price of the XT1 coming down, and when it's down far enough I shall add it to my collection. Meanwhile the XPro1 will continue to give me great photographic satisfaction.

3. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Mike at the moment Wex are offering £380 +£100 bonus for the XT1 against the newcomer. So I would think second hand maybe £700 ish.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  4. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Thank you - I'll relax for a few months or more.

5. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Yep, I saw, Brian, and that would make a nice hat trick of WR lenses for someone :)
    Personally, if my boyz from Pentax/Ricoh came up with a nice small 23/2 WR and
    55/2 WR, I be very much intrigued :)

Cheers and have a great weekend :D

Jack

6. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Had it straight from Paris, they are both in the pipeline.

You also have a great weekend.:)

7. Done_rundleCams

But, Oly, is that the 23/2 WR or the 23/1.4???? :eek:;) and, as for the "carrying a bag of interchangeable lenses and camera(s)" …. reminds me
    of when I started I had a K1000 w/a 50/2 (July 1985) … move ahead 7 years and I've got 3 bodies (MX x2, ME Super x1) with winders, a couple of Viv 285's,
    and primes lenses (19/4, 24/2.8, 35/2.8, 50/2, 85/1.8, 135/2.5, 200/2.5, 300/4 and a 2X converter) with back up batteries (AA's and LR44's), numerous
    rolls of film (8-10) and all in one bag, a LowePro Magnum and/or a Domke F2 :eek: Man, my back just gets sore thinking about that ;) As for the X-10,20,30,
    they've got the smaller sensor -- which is something for some people -- and, then, if you want to go tiny (relatively speaking) with Fuji and still have a APS
    size sensor, there's the X-70, albeit sans (built-in) viewfinder -- I've got the Ricoh GR -- And, Oly, if you want to go with the smallest interchangeable camera
    there is the Panasonic G5M, I think, and there 12-32/ or the Olympus 12/2 lens :)

Cheers and have a great weekend :D

Jack

8. Done_rundleCams

Thank you sir :)

Jack