1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEX + Vintage lens

Discussion in 'Lens Matters' started by caledonia84, Dec 19, 2012.

1. caledonia84

caledonia84 Well-Known Member

I think the 50mm porst f1.2 is more highly regarded however this one seams fine. I have The 35mm f2.4 and 135mm f3.5 zeiss DDR's and the Zeiss 50mm planar T* f1.7. I'm pretty sure the Planar is superior optically to the DDR'S but I tend to grab the 35mm over the planar due to its versatility, if I needed something faster I'd probably take one of my other 50mm f1.4s so I tend not to pick up the Planar too often.

I definitely wouldn't say the DDR'S are better though I don't have enough Zeiss lenses to compare them and as you say the general consensus is that the Planar's etc are superior

2. caledonia84

Stop the bus!!!!!! The guys over at mf forums were confused by the IQ from the 55 1.2 and suggested that I check my lens as it looks more like the kind of shots you'd get from the superior fuji made 50mm f1.2. Turns out they were right and I'm a dafty :(

Quite pleased it's though, it means I got a bigger bargain than I thought!

3. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

The results are looking good - might keep an eye out for one of these myself.

4. caledonia84

I think it's a rare lens, it comes in 2 guises the porst 50mm f1.2 umc and the fuji x-fujinon 50mm f1.2 EBC. But they are both the exactly the same. You might be cheaper getting the porst as it's less well known than fuji.

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Can you post a picture of your Porst on the a6000 please - keen to see the size when on a compact body. Thanks. :)

6. caledonia84

Left my camera in the car Zou but will post a picture tomorrow, I'll get a shot with it on the A6000 and the nex 5R to give you an idea it is big for a 50mm and a wee bit heavy but not hard to handle at all :)

7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Thanks!

8. caledonia84

NEX5R + Porst 50mm f1.2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. caledonia84

A6000 + Porst 50mm f1.2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Great stuff, thank you. :) It's great that fast lenses don't need to be massive - now if only modern lens makers realised that...

11. caledonia84

you see what a mirror less body and an m42 to E mount adapter has lead too...........................

[​IMG]35mm by Scott Hills, on Flickr

My girlfriend gets angrier and angrier by the day!

12. caledonia84

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

It's a lovely lens, and you're getting some great results with it. :)

14. caledonia84

thanks Nick another gumtree bargain :) I should add I stuck a Raynox DCR 150 adapter on for some of the shots to further aid its allready excellent close focus capabilities.

15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Good idea - putting many of your 50s on a camera body to make them seem fewer!

Joking aside, those are beautiful images from the Flektagon. :)

16. caledonia84

Thanks Zou :)

17. caledonia84

18. caledonia84

Well.........there's been a development! I bumped into a fellow legacy lens user in the park around a month or two ago, we talked for around 45min about old lenses he was in the process of testing 34 old 50mm f1.4s............ Anyway we kept in touch through flickr and he asked the other week if I would like some free lenses as he was moving to Australia and couldn't take them all with him. Well it would have been rude to say no!? A long story short and I've ended up with two boxes to keep for myself and about 6 others to look after for him until March. My Zhongyi Lens turbo II arrived aswell so I've got plenty to keep me busy.

Yashica ML 50mm f1.4 + Zhongyo lens turbo II

[​IMG]Yashica ML 50mm f1.4 +ZLT II by Scott Hills, on Flickr

Helios 44m + Zhongyi lens turbo II

[​IMG]windswept & interesting by Scott Hills, on Flickr

[​IMG]??? by Scott Hills, on Flickr

[​IMG]Wee Molly by Scott Hills, on Flickr

19. caledonia84

20. caledonia84