1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

New

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by Gezza, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

I see Canon have unveiled the new R5 and R6. At first look they appear to be very impressively specked...
    https://www.canon.co.uk/

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

They do. I look forward to the reviews. What surprised me was the 600 and 800 mm F11 primes at, relatively speaking, modest cost. I presume that with viewfinder brightness easily compensates and that AF works well.

3. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I'm pleased the prices are utterly out of my range so I don't have to be tempted, they are very nice.

Canon surprising some people, especially with the video. The specs have been public knowledge for a while though.

Finally, IBIS in a Canon.

Craig20264 likes this.
  4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

The AF tracking in the video looked impressive. I wonder if it only works like that in ideal conditions.

5. ChrisNewman

ChrisNewman Well-Known Member

At last a body worthy of the high-end ‘R’ mount lenses that Canon’s been offering for the last couple of years. (I’d be curious to know how many of their £2,000+ ‘R’ mount lenses had been bought before this announcement!)

Chris