1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to forum, been taking photos for a very long time but now trying to improve.

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Thea, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:16 AM.

1. Thea

Thea New Member

Hi,

I'm an older photographer, like to keep my kit minimal and enjoy shooting for light and shade, patterns, abstracts, machinery, buildings and nature. Anyone else out there who likes to keep their kit minimal and if so, what do you use?

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

When I want to travel light, I use one or both of these...

Cameras Sony HX90 and Panasonic TZ70 DSC01601.JPG

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi Thea, welcome to the forum. I'm intrigued at your introduction "older photographer" - the demographic of the forum is, my impression only, heavily weighted that way :). Few of us haul around full bags of kit these days - far too heavy.

4. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Welcome Thea.

5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Hello Thea.

S

6. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.:)

I still have a tendency to carry a well stocked kit-bag if I'm principally going out for photographic purposes. At other times it's often a single cameras with either a superzoom or maybe a standard zoom and a telezoom...

7. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. I doubt that you are o!der than me and I am not the oldest!.
    For what it's worth I use two systems - Olympus and Canon depending on subject but Olympus seems to gaining