1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

New so saying hello

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by monkeys bunny, Jul 4, 2011.

1. monkeys bunny

monkeys bunny Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Im new to the world of slr and just getting the feel for the camera at the moment and playing around with it. Have a nikon D5100.

I live in Bridlington near the famous Bempton Cliffs with my husband and two kids (dogs).

I always welcome any comments on my pictures, good or bad, it all helps.

So thats me.
    :)

2. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Hello - I've spotted you about the forum and hope you're enjoying the place. Any chance of you telling us your real name ? :)

Lisa.

3. monkeys bunny

haha yes forgot that bit completely. I'm Emma.

and yes, i like it here so far, all very friendly people

4. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Good Morning :)

Welcome to the Forums. :cool:

5. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Hi Emma and welcome to the AP forums :)

Lots of free programs and tutorials to help you with your photography at the bottom of the How to Post images sticky Click me...

Enjoy!

6. laj

laj Well-Known Member

Hi Emma,

Hope you like it here. I'm new to all of this stuff....just wish I had more time!
    My mum lives up your way in Scarborough.....she love a drive to Bridlington

love Laura x

7. monkeys bunny

Hello Laura,

Bridlington is a lot flatter than Scarborough for walking etc and up closer to Sewerby the views are great, but it has to be said in the town its self Scarborough has a little more sophistication

8. monkeys bunny

being trying to use my camera more and practise. I have up loaded some new pictures to my 'Profile'. Im guessing they will be at the top of the page of pictures with older ones at the bottom. It would be great if you could let me have any comments.

i understand there is a appraisal thread, but i didnt want to 'clutter' it so to speak just for general comments that you may be kind enough to let me have.

i do tend to look at the monthly competitions for inspiration and try to take pictures around the theme so i have a focus so to speak.

Thank you