1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

New Samsung GX-10 firmware

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by john_g, Sep 22, 2007.

1. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

Just to let GX-10 users know that new firmware has been released. This is v1.30 and it gives support for ultrasonic motor lenses.

Samsung's summary of the firmware is:
    1) A built-in flash function in wireless mode has been added.
    2) A function that shifts the AF point from “SELECT” to the centre has been added.
    3) A function for changing the ISO setting using the e-dials in Tv/Av modes has been added.
    4) A function that can change the ISO sensitivity displayed on the upper LCD panel by using the front e-dial has been added.
    5) The green button function available in M mode has been added to Tv/Av modes.
    6) A function for switching the Av/Tv settings between the front and rear e-dials has been added.
    7) A function that sets the strobe light compensation to its default value, using the green button,
    has been added.
    8) A function that displays the memory size when a memory card is formatted has been added.
    9) An improvement in accuracy of controlling exposure when using an external flash.
    10 ) A compatibility with SDM lens(Called Ultrasonic Lens) made in PENTAX has been added.

The firmware can be found at:
    Samsung Firmware Page.

2. welshwizard645

welshwizard645 Well-Known Member

so, it appears the spec of the GX-10 has caught up with that of the K10D....

3. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

It always has... but, generally about four weeks later.

But £100 cheaper and twice the warranty...

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Morning John,

Great link :cool:

Jack

5. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

The trend then becomes a way of life....
    Pentax and Samsung grow in stature and we are the benificeries....
    Long may it continue.

6. nspur

nspur Well-Known Member

I downloaded this firmware a few days ago and it turned out to be version 1.21 (despite the site saying it was 1.30). The file is FWDC173B.bin.

7. GrahamHoughton

GrahamHoughton New Member

After much prevarication, humming and harring and general Ludditish attitude, I decided to go DSLR and lighted on the GX10 as camera of choice. I'm very pleased with it. But.
    In downloading the firmware update I end up with a VLC Media file which appears to be empty. I can't open it, it will only 'play' via the VLC media player on my computer. Where in god's name this player came from I have no idea. Can someone please allay my fears that this download is the one I need and that when I load it onto my camera, via the root directory of the SD card and according to all the other instructions, it will enhance my photographing experience and not leave me with a lifeless lump of metal, plastic and glass that I will have to bury at the bottom of my garden. Please. I sort of understand photography, I don't understand software issues at all. Perhaps I should just go back to film and my beloved darkroom. Cheers

8. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Have you spoken to your dealer or to Sumsung, who have a hotline telephone number on their wedsite?

Better safe than sorry.

By rhe way, now that the K20D is in the shops, do you think we have seen the last firmware upgrade for the K10D? :D

9. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

Did you follow the link I gave in my post that started this thread? The instructions given on the Samsung website are very clear, so you perhaps need to tell us where you got this mysterious VLC file from.

10. GrahamHoughton

GrahamHoughton New Member

Yes, I got it off the Samsung website and now you've got me really worried that it's something in my computer doing whatever it's doing