1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New photography programme coming

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geren, May 15, 2021.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

If you want bad, try and find Dead Sushi. Got to be one of the crappest films I have seen, so bad it is funny.

2. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I stopped going to the cinema because I was walking out of too many film in he first ten minutes.
    Same with Tv, I can not watch a bad film. nor can I stand commercial breaks. so I always record films, so that I can click through the adds. Or delete the lot.

3. dream_police

I never watch films on ITV/C4 because of the adverts. I would not even record them to FFW over the ads. ITV always used to break the movie for the news, they may still do so. I really couldn't get my head around why they would do such a thing.
    I only watch films now on Netflix, Amazon or the cinema.

ascu75 likes this.
  4. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Looks bad - in a good way.:)

5. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

If it hadn't been for the CGI I would have struggled to give it a 2 - The dodgy plot basis was something I was already well versed in. Many of the things the kids watch I find I can't stay in the same room as. Sitting round the corner on the PC with headphones on, rushing upstairs to read, or leaving the house are the best options.

As @WillieJ says REALLY bad films can be entertaining purely because they are so ridiculous. I am surprised at the number that seem to aim for this target.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    ascu75 and dream_police like this.
  6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I could have sworn I read something about someone taking someone to court over an heir in Europe somewhere...but maybe not.

7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Wasn't she also the one who fumbled when trying to explain that she'd used a slow shutter speed for the parkour shots? She said something about ''it was too dark so I had to take the shutter speed...err.....down." It was pretty clear she didn't really know what she was doing! That said I think she came out with some nice shots.

I really didn't want the one Scot to be an absolute arse but if anything I'm liking him less each week. There's a whole load of post-rationalisation going on and he totally bombed wtih the cactus shoot.

ascu75 likes this.
  8. zx9r

zx9r Well-Known Member

Yer, Mrs ZX9 noticed that one then we had a discussion on the criteria on which reality tv show participants are chosen. :( Still enjoying the show though.

ascu75 likes this.
  9. dream_police

I also wonder how out of context these things are by the time they have done the editing and the full sentence they actually said is not heard.

zx9r likes this.
  10. zx9r

zx9r Well-Known Member

It is all in the edit.

11. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Good point about the studio test and you are right, it about handling the lights as well as model. Which Rankin showed himself.

But it seems to have been all set for them. But when this Friel one of them broke rules used the location :)

12. dream_police

Well, there you go. Not sure I would have chosen the same.

13. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Most odd. I rated them the bottom two. I couldn’t quite figure the large format exercise. Not one took an exposure reading and they didn’t know the camera was loaded with mono film ... oooh the colours are perfect oooh ...

Fen and zx9r like this.
  14. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Ok well I was going to go to bed but I don’t think I’ll sleep without seeing this large format shenanigans.

15. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

16. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I wait for films to come to free to air TV.
    I gave up cinema when the sound became so distorted and far too booming loud.

Zou likes this.
  17. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

That gleaming monorail did not look that old to me. No one used any adjustments or a meter! The whole series was very disappointing .

18. PeteRob

The reviewer wasn’t watching. They were shown the “very old camera” but not allowed to touch it. Their pictures were taken with a much smaller, and seemingly new, camera.

19. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Is this whole discussion suggesting that photography as we know it, is simply too difficult to put across in a TV format?

20. PeteRob

No. One TV reviewer said it lacked excitement for anyone would wouldn’t otherwise give tuppence for photography. It did miss out on important detail. Like who’d attempt to take a 5x4 without determining exposure or knowing what film was in the holder? Possibly because the producer/editor thought these details would lack excitement for those who otherwise wouldn’t give tuppence for photography.