1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

New Pentax csc Ugly?

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by rjbell, Jan 25, 2012.

1. rjbell

rjbell Well-Known Member

Apparently the Spanish editor of dslr magazine has tweeted the new pentax will not win any beauty contests. This of coarse is one man's opinion. The camera is designed by Marc Newson so you can bet it will be unique, which i think is great news.

2. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

4. rjbell

rjbell Well-Known Member

Yes the k-mount.

5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

So it's functional, as long as it handles and performs well does it really matter?

6. rjbell

rjbell Well-Known Member

Why does functional and pretty have to be 2 different things? Why do we have to settle for just functional, I want both. I think its good he felt strongly enough to mention is dislike. Most cameras i neither here or there. I'm sure there will be just as many people who dislike it as like it. This is what good design is all about.

Ugly or design classic? I've been in both camps with this one, I've learned to love this one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  7. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

8. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Not to worry....you've got to be half blind to buy a Pentax anyway:eek::p;)

9. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

+ a photogs vest and a beard?

10. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

It's not mandatory but it helps;)

11. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

How do I get the blood out of my shirt?:D

Sorry, I just Googled Pentax CSC and that's what I got.

12. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

and totally blind to go for a Canon :eek:... that way you can't complain about
    the results :D

as for the beard and vest ... just makes us cooler :cool:

;)

Jack

13. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

:D :D :D

14. rjbell

rjbell Well-Known Member

15. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Ugh....

16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

It may just work in all-black, especially with a better looking lens. I guess they chose the 40 as it is small, rather than because it's an obviously really useful sole focal length to use?? :confused:

Official announcement is due in 5 minutes, so hopefully that'll give us a better idea of the 'bigger picture.'

17. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Or not, it seems. :(

We'll have to wait and see how well it focuses with lenses designed for PD. Can't help thinking though that it won't be worse than my K100D in that respect. The prospect of a stripped down K-5 is quite appealing overall.

I've had many a play with the latest CSCs and to be honest (Q aside) none are that much smaller than the K100D when taking into account the lenses in particular. I have often thought that taking their base DSLR with a slimmed down grip and losing the mirror box and pop up flash would result in a small enough package. Glad it doesn't look like a hacksaw job, but I am sure it could have been a bit more refined.

18. rjbell

rjbell Well-Known Member

That tubey looking bit next to the pentax logo which has a dial on the top is the thing that looks odd to me. It looks like plumbing. Any campers out there? It remind me of a portaloo, the bit you take to get emptied! ha ha.

19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Hmm, it reminds me of the Nikon F's photomic setup.

Oddly enough the K-01 (that's kay zero one as per DPReview's 'official' news release, or kay oh one according to Newson in his interview video on Youtube - way to go with keeping the product identity Pentax!!) is growing on me aesthetically. I would (regular readers will know this isn't sarcasm) love to see one in bright blue for example.

20. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

It was designed by Marc Newson, an 'acclaimed' designer according to Photorumors.com.

I wonder if that makes it less ugly? :)