1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panoramics...

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Benchista, Jul 5, 2004.

1. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

.........and an even worse one.......

"It never wanes but it pours" /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

bigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

2. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

Another Hijack

/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Salazar the Sinister
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

3. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Re: Another Hijack

This camera looks very interesting. The body looks very similar to the Art Panorama, however, the ArtPan only allows the use of a 90mm lens and has bellows focussing. For the price and the option to change lenses, the Fotoman looks like a very good option.

Art Pan used to produce a 6x24 camera that was just an enlarged version of the 617. They also produced a 617 back for a 5x7 camera, I think both of these are now discontinued.

I've been unwell for the last couple of years and have hardly used my ArtPan in that time, I even tried to sell it on eBay but there was little interest. I'm feeling fine now and have just started venturing out and about with it. Looking forward to using in anger again. :)

There's another, little known 617 camera that may be of interest, the GILDE 66-17 . It allows multi-formats (6x6,6x9,6x12,6x14 and 6x17).

Richard

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Re: Another Hijack

Thanks, Richard, for the info on the Gilde - I had never heard of it. Looks like a very special tool.
    I'm pretty familiar with the Art Panorama, and would buy one if I had the time to use it - one day, one day...

Glad you're feeling better.

Nick BSRIPN
    And why not?

5. Neil_L

Neil_L Well-Known Member

Re: 617

one day, oh yes, one day, I will buy a Fuji GX617 - ever since going to Australia and seeing first hand the work of Peter Lik www.peterlik.com.au for anyone unfamiliar with his work, I have been convinced I want to own one of these!! Its incredible to see a print maybe 4 or 5 feet long and you still can't see the grain! It really feels like you are there, standing in front of the scene.