1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Panoramics...

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Benchista, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

2. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

6x24! I reckon that's probably a first. I'm not sure I'd particularly like an image that was in so dramatically elongated a format though. Even 6x17 is a bit of an acquired taste. Still, it gives us all more choice so all power to their elbows. :)

I've been thinking about making some panoramic images on 8x10 with my 120mm Angulon lens - it's wonderfully sharp, but won't quite cover right into the corners of the frame. It seems such a shame to not at least use it for 4x10 (or even 6x10 would be possible). I can't quite see me cropping anything down to just 2½x10 though, which is about what 6x24 would be.

Huw Evans.

www.huwevans.freeuk.com

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I really like 6x17, and 6x12 is growing on me. 6x24, though - it can't be easy to use!

4"x10" should be very interesting - give it a go!

Nick BSRIPN
    And why not?

4. parisian

parisian Well-Known Member

I will just be happy when my XPan arrives/img/wwwthreads/frown.gif

Anglesey's answer to Shrek - just not so green.

5. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

6. parisian

Ordered three weeks or more back Huw. I could have whittled a wider film gate into one of the Nikons if I had known how long they would be./img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

7. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

:) I take it you must be getting a nice shiny new one then - that Sandra's got a lot to answer for! :) Out of interest, which lens(es) are you getting?

Huw Evans.

www.huwevans.freeuk.com

8. parisian

Yes, I thought a new one would be nice for a change and having spoken to a few users across the globe I have the 45mm with centre spot filter as standard and a request for a 30mm (but S/H - have you seen the new price of that??)to be found as and when they can.
    A lot of folk seem to simply stick with the '45'as the ultimate travel cam. I hope the bloody thing arrives before we shoot off to Venice in a couple of weeks/img/wwwthreads/frown.gif

9. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

I'd guess the 45mm would be my first choice too. I hope it arrives before you go away - you reckon they're making it to order? ;-)

Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a great time in Venice, with or without it. Let's just hope you don't find yourself wishing you'd gone for a Nikonos instead! ;-)

Huw Evans.

www.huwevans.freeuk.com

10. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

It does look an interesting camera. I think the 90 might be an interesting lens to have as well.

A 6x17 remains my ultimate photographic dream buy - I love the panoramic formats, and square as well - somehow I find them easier to compose.

Nick BSRIPN
    And why not?

11. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Have a good time in Venice Pete. Try not to fall in the canal or you'll get your gondolas wet! /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

BigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

12. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

Not to mention your Capulets /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Salazar the Sinister
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

13. BigWill

"Peter, Peter, wherefore art thou Peter?"

"I've fell in the bleedin' canal and the water is fair running out of me Capulets, Juliet! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

14. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

Oh how art a stupid bitch you are. Not as careful as wot I am.

Words by Mr E Wise Playwrote of this villiage

Salazar the Sinister

15. BigWill

"Luton F.C. for the cup" also penned by the imitable quill of one Mr. E.Morcome who along with a certain Mr.E.Wise was one of the greatest co-producers and writers of plays "Wot Ernie wrote" /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif (God how I miss those two!)

BigWill

16. parisian

This site is just so cultural at times

Quotes from the Bard, environmental awareness, good health and good cheer from ones colleagues. Does the quality of this forum never wane?

17. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

Mr Eric Morecombe one of the nices persons I ever meet. Mrs Sinister worked in a Bank in Harpenden where Eric lived. In fact poor Eric was bar'd from the bank for causing the tellers grief with his spontanious humour, Mrs M had to go in instead.

Salazar the Sinister

18. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

Re: This site is just so cultural at times

Does thou suggest that this cornicopiria of tallent may wane. No my dear fellow, and long may this merryment continue .

Salazar the Sinister

19. BigWill

"Does the quality of this forum never wane?" No, but it gets a bit "waxy" at times, specially after the cleaning lady's just polished the floor of the lounge! Nearly went on my arse in there the other day after she did under the mat! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

20. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Oh dear - I feel a bad moment coming on - can't resist

"It never wanes but it pauses"

Chris