1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New AP website coming

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ascu75, Aug 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

If the hamster is upgraded, (5mph) will the next incumbent be Ms R.Rattus? (7mph)

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

From what I remember... they can't upgrade to R.Rattus due to an agreement with the Hamster Corp. who supply all Hamsters to all the websites for AP's parent company.

RogerMac and Catriona like this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

That’s just to keep the gerbils out.

ascu75 likes this.
  4. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

I'm advertising blind anyway, as far as I can tell. Now where did I put those Dyson hair tongs ?

Catriona likes this.
  5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

If the forum gets upgraded, can I put in a plea to whoever does so to go and look at what Key Publishing did to their aviation forums, and *not do anything like that*? Key went offline without warning for weeks and came back with an unusable product - traffic these days is a fraction of what it used to be, and many of the experienced and interesting posters have simply gone, the heavily moderated alternative a number of us tried has alienated most of the movers too.

ascu75 likes this.
  6. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Will there be birthday cakes (For those who remember an early site)?

7. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

What about holding an online Wake for the old software?

8. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Do you think we will have to log on to a new website? Or will this logon just default to a new set-up?

PS Darned if I can remember this password! Ha!

9. PeteRob

Odds are that all they will do is restyle the existing site. It isn’t going to be a brand new from scratch exercise, takes too much effort to code.

If you automatically logon then your password is saved by the browser and you can look it up.

Catriona likes this.
  10. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

My understanding of the article is that it is just the main website that is going to get a revamp, the forum will remain as is and untouched.

Catriona likes this.
  11. PeteRob

That’s my reading too but there is a branded and a vanilla view of the forum. I expect the branded side will be refreshed and hope the vanilla side will be retained.

Catriona likes this.
  12. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Thank you guys. Made me go and look how to see my saved passwords. :)

13. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Phew !

Catriona likes this.
  14. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Appropriate ads are fine. At times there was huge downloading activity which did not help on slow connections. I take your point about ads paying for the forum but inappropriate ads might be counterproductive to the advertiser. How about magazine subscribers being allowed the ad free forum?

15. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I’m up for that, cans of iron brew and cake maybe some peanuts to flick count me in :D