1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neighbour disputes - is there ever a winner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bazarchie, Sep 13, 2019.

1. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that it's not the answer you wanted.
    As a former Enforcement Officer I can tell you that in lots of Councils Planning Enforcement is not the highest priority, however if the problem is more of a nuisance then you might be better going down the anti-social behaviour route- now known as a Community Protection Notice
    https://www.gov.uk/civil-injunctions-criminal-behaviour-orders
    good luck

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

We had to keep builders sitting around for a month due to delayed permission on an extension and the building inspector kept making dire threats if we even put concrete in the foundation we'd dug. Then I called Planning to find out why we had not received it and they said "Oh it's not the sort of thing we'd object to, you should have just got on with it". Cost us £10k.

3. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Update.

The nearest neighbours are making even more noise. All afternoon and evening BBQs with screaming kids, shouting adults and the thud of a football against wooden fences including ours.

On the other side the house is being fully renovated following the death of the former owner. Lots of bonfires and noise week days and weekends. So called contractors have now taken over but they are just as noisy.

On the other side of the road, one of the sons is running a car repair business from his parents house. Not full time as it is a mobile repair service but most days we have the repair van and a low loader parked on the road.

Time to move I think but wherever we go could be worse.

Disappointed that the local authority is sympathetic but is not prepared to do anything.

4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I know of a case where a minor dispute with a neighbour meant that it became impossible for an intending purchaser to get a mortgage and a friend of ours(cash buyer) got a good bargain.

5. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

If you have a neighbour dispute and don’t declare on the Seller’s Property Information Form you can have a claim made against you... think twice about escalating the complaint officially.

RogerMac likes this.
  6. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

sounds like a lose lose situation.

ascu75 likes this.