1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need opinion..

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by BobYaxley, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

wouldnt mind the f90X if i was financially richer!

nice camera!why you selling?

<font color=blue>I'm built for comfort, I aint built for speed!</font color=blue>
    Howlin' Wolf

2. BobYaxley

BobYaxley Member

Re: For Sale by Phiggy

ps3 doesn't come out till 2005!

the handheld nintendo DS is £190 on import, released in march in uk estimated to cost £130.

Just realised my ps2 is in warranty so i can get the sticky drive fixed :D woot.

Went into jessops again today and they said that there wasnt much difference between eos 300 and 300v (the v being a little smaller, lcd display on the back instead of front etc etc)

sorted!

3. Larry Shone

which begins real soon! Mind you, they SAY it'll be out in 05, but well, you never know!
    We're keping ours, its our CD/DVD player at the moment!/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

<font color=blue>I'm built for comfort, I aint built for speed!</font color=blue>
    Howlin' Wolf

4. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

Thats only two weeks away. /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

<font color=blue>Steve C Thompson</font color=blue>

5. BobYaxley

BobYaxley Member

That is right my friend, doh. i thought we were in 2003 ;)

What i actually meant was 2006/2007 :D

either way, i care not - im selling it, not buying it

6. BobYaxley

BobYaxley Member

re

Thanks very much for everyones opinion helpful tips/hints etc.

It has been greatly appreciated!

7. Larry Shone

Rob,what camera you getting then?

What did you decide on in the end? I must have missed a post.

Howlin' Wolf

8. BobYaxley

BobYaxley Member

Re: Rob,what camera you getting then?

Havn't the money to buy now...will be waiting till christmas till i do.

But then i will be getting an eos 300 (from jessops if they still have it) or a 300v from ebay if not.

thanks again, bob.

9. Larry Shone

Re: Bob,what camera you getting then?

Thats cool.Jessops is where bought mine!
    If you use Ebay be careful , make sure the seller has good feedback and that he /she answers any questions you ask. Oh and also that he doesnt charge for using paypal, thats not allowed anymore!
    Good luck Bob/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif(I called you Rob before!)

Howlin' Wolf

10. BobYaxley

BobYaxley Member

heh, thats cool - my full name actually Robert...

I think it sounds a lil too snobby, plus the fact people don't start fights with people called Bob...its all good ;)

11. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

jessies

Heres an idea, go to the Jessies website and have a look at whats out there, they will send anything you want to have a look at to your local Izzle whithystrippers branch. I've got an EOS 100, and It's not a bad camera, just bought a 28 - 90 USM for £55 from Jessops, saw an EOS 100 for £99 last time I looked.

As said before, Ffordes are very good, bought from them several times.

If you go to the Jessops website, you might find one cheaper in another branch, apparently Widgets getting a bit expensive nowadays or so a friend who lives in Gurnard says (but she's old and remembers Hendrix. lol)

<font color=purple>I got my hair cut, and got a job. Now what../img/wwwthreads/wink.gif</font color=purple>

12. Larry Shone

Yea, I called you Rob as theres another Rob on this forum-can get confusing ya know /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Howlin' Wolf

13. thosefellows

thosefellows Member

Have a look at one of the older Canons, EOS 5 or 100. They have good features and are good solid cameras to use in full auto or manual modes. Plenty of lenses around as well.

Regards, Steve

I used to think I was good, but I'm better now /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

14. BobYaxley

BobYaxley Member

I bought my Canon Eos 300 from jessops in newport on the 24th for £104 or so and so far im happy with it...though i havn't developed any photo's with it yet :\

Time shall tell :)

thanks again for all the help people donated, not to mention time spent by other reading the posts here :)

15. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Morning Bob,

Congrats on getting the camera. Now if you decide to continue with photography either as an 'avocation' or a 'vocation', just remember to
    invest in good glass which will serve you down the road.

Also, and most important of all, get yourself a good PhotoVest which will
    do wonders to improve your photography. This is advice,I have passed on
    to each and every member of the AP Forums and it has helped them all immmensly,
    with the exception of BigWill who still insists on taking pictures of "ferkin
    flowers"/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif.

Most important aspect of photography is to have fun whilst doing it.

/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Jack

Life is a Photo-Op

16. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Shameless, shameless, shamless............../img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Graeme

AGW[​IMG]

17. Larry Shone

congrats Bob!

Good luck with the new camera Bob, and most of all, have fun!(That focus point selector feature is brilliant!)

Howlin' Wolf

18. Larry Shone

he'll never change..../img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Howlin' Wolf

19. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: Need opinion.....don't blame me just

because BigWill likes taking 'ferkin flower' pictures/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif!!!

Morning Graeme and Larry,

/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Jack

Life is a Photo-Op

20. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Re: Need opinion.....don't blame me just

"because BigWill likes taking 'ferkin flower' pictures"...................why that's slander! You shall be hearing from my lawyers "oh hairy armed one!" /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>