1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEC PHOTO SHOW ONLINE

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Mark101, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Anyone partaking 20/21st ? I expect to dip in for some of the online events?

Just a bit worried about getting up early and travelling all that way with the laptop to sit in my car outside Hall 5 with a flask of hot coffee and a pack up of cheese sandwiches, a cornish pasty :confused::eek:;):D

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I registered months ago. Have had some uninspiring junk mail so far.

3. Mark101

4. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

I registered weeks ago for the on line show but have had no reminders or emails of special offers.
    Hopefully the "sign in" will work tomorrow when I get home from church, but I'm not sure how the live sessions and talks will work.

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Then you may have messed up the registration. They sent me a confirmation email. What I have found confusing is that I get email (junk) about it from Canon, Fuji, LCE, the Photography Show itself, maybe AP. This included several invitations to register after I had. My junk email is running at about 200/month of delivered mail - up four times since lockdown started. I now check it everyday (for misclassified items).

6. IvorETower

I got the confirmation email but no reminders, no promotional emails from the organisers.

I managed to log in OK yesterday (and today) but there are very few "retailers" of cameras and lenses and the special offers seem somewhat miserable compared to what you usually find at the NEC...... whereas I would spend many hours wandering around the halls and viewing/touching stuff on the stands, the online experience is, how shall I put it, somewhat lacking in comparison. I do hope that a reasonable degree of normality returns soon so that we can have a "proper" show next year

7. Mark101

You want to touch stuff ? Arrrrgghhhhh

8. IvorETower

^
    Usually, yes. Not in these covid times though