1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

NCFE level 3 Digital Photography

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Dibbs, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Dibbs

Dibbs New Member

Hi,

New to the site but was wondering if anyone could help. I am currently on my portfolio for the level 3 NCFE and was wondering if anyone else had done it.

I'm just a bit confused, as i thought a portfolio is a collection of work, but it doesnt sound as if this is the case.

Any ideas suggestions please.

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

what is required?..you tell us more detail and we'll try to help:D

3. Dibbs

Dibbs New Member

It asks to send 6 to 12 photos,500 word essay showing ability to conceive,shoot,edit and present.

When i asked if that was a selection of B&W, Abstract ect i was told no :confused:

So my understand is to pick a theme and present the correct amount of photos on that theme...

Editing? do you think it just wants basic editing (take out birds etc). Am I just over analysing this?

Thanks for any help.

4. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

I have no idea what a level 3 NCFE is so can't help.

I think it's an impossible question for us to answer. You would really need to ask the person involved what it is you are required to send.

If it's a course you're on then you should be able to sit and have a chat with your tutor about what you need to put in your portfolio.

My own portfolio (for college) was made of photographs from various themes; event, still life, street, landscape and nature.

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

look at this.... http://www.learning-at-home.co.uk/digital-photography-diploma-level-p-2370.html