1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sons new addition to his gaming

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stephen Rundle, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

As someone said on another post, horse for courses, I don't disagree in many situations, and to be fair see no reason for adults !!!, to spend days on playing games, but also no person with Autism is the same as another person and if your only choice is computers or nothing and it brings you happiness, then go for it.

I am lucky though as he loves going out (I don't want to give the wrong impression here, if you met my son you would NEVER know he was Autistic at all, high IQ, clever, intelligent and a nature lover) as do I, just 100% NO crowds.

We have been out all the time during lockdown when other people have been home, all 100% legal for people with mental health issues. Carrying a letter from the doc.

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Me and Mrs C have spoken about this too. We’d love to do the whole sleeping carriage/ dress for dinner thing on a classic train.

dream_police likes this.
  3. Stephen Rundle

My son has a dress suit I don't I have shorts and T shirt :)

Perhaps my navy blazer and grey flannels

4. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a very good friend of my godmother's family, a guy known as Pompous Pete, who was with the FCO (as were several other members of the family). He worked out of Century House, for those of you who know what they did there, and gave me some sound advice:

"If you can't afford to travel, then get a job that'll pay for you to do it."

Following his advice, I have visited forty countries outside the UK for more than a week, spent substantial time in half of them, and lived for several years in each of a half dozen of them.

All because I couldn't afford foreign holidays! To me, foreign travel, whether on holiday or not, is essential if one wants to understand at least part of the world we share with all those other peoples, who are just like us, but also completely different.

Sadly, Pompous Pete died in the Heathrow BEA 548 Staines crash, with a large part of his world still untraveled.

5. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

My friend worked in several embassies around the world. We reckon he forgot to flush when visiting Buckingham Palace when he got the job of Consul General in Basra. His final job before retirement was Governor of the Falkland Islands.

SqueamishOssifrage likes this.
  6. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Basra? And the Falklands? Somebody really, really, didn't like him! :eek::D

ascu75 likes this.
  7. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Also Dublin at the height of the troubles and South Africa during the apartheid years. When he was ambassador to Estonia and he thought things were looking up, the Royal Navy decided to crash a destroyer into the brand new deep water port in Tallinn.

ascu75 likes this.
  8. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone who spoke their mind, which tends to piss some people off... Either that or he took a dump on the PMs carpet:D

9. Stephen Rundle

I wanted life insurance cover, so I got £720 (6 x £120) of free Argos vouchers swappable for Amazon, how, don't take out ONE large insurance policy take out 6 small £3 ones with the likes of Sun Alliance :)

THINK !!!!

Pays for my sons computing :)

ascu75 likes this.