1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sons new addition to his gaming

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stephen Rundle, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

As I have said my son is also Autistic, Aspergers, PTSD and learning difficulties.

His life is his computer, and he has saved his PIP for this

BUT I got life insurance, over 50, and unlike most I knew you can easily take out MANY policies, if you want £15 a month cover get THREE at £5.00, that way instead of one £120 gift voucher you can convert (they don't tell you this) to use on Amazon, you get THREE, so I got THREE £120 vouchers he used towards it.

If you want over 50 insurance DO NOT just get one policy get three or more £5 ones each one comes with a voucher :) :)

Link removed - Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2020
  2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

You need to change the link in your post as it's taking us to an empty shopping cart :)

Unless you want to fill it up for us first :D

3. Stephen Rundle

:) :) :)

hive.jpg

4. Stephen Rundle

Now he is waiting on the ROG 3 phone :(

5. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

I've got ROG motherboard, graphics card, super-wide monitor and a few other bits. They make excellent gear.

This is the monitor and it's also perfect for photo editing... oh... and for gaming ;)

https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-SWIFT-PG348Q/

Stephen Rundle likes this.
  6. Stephen Rundle

My son is planning his next PC build, estimates £4-5k :(

I have his old ROG PC

The VIVE arrives tomorrow.

7. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Get him to save up his pocket money ;)

8. Stephen Rundle

He is, he saves his PIP and I give him his (my) carers allowance :)

I have no complaints he doesn't smoke, drink, gamle, go out, or have any friends just online.

He was going to go out with a carer, it had all been arranged for the FIRST week of lockdown :( :(

9. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Gaming is a good hobby, I do a lot myself.

10. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

My daughter got the Oculus GO for her Birthday. I haven't really got to try it yet but it's good fun from what I have seen of it.

11. Stephen Rundle

I would rather have youngsters/people gaming that doing other !!!!! things, gaming does NO harm except to the pocket :(

12. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

My 3 grandsons all have built gaming pc’s you never see them they are always gaming ;)

13. Stephen Rundle

I have been building computers since MS DOS :)

My son will, as usual, order all the parts from Scan, Amazon, and Overclockers and build it :) gives him fun, takes him ages choosing the parts, each one 100% compatible with the next and the best available :( :( :(, now he wants to run three screens so needs two graphic cards Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti :(

I suppose it is like everything, some spend thousands on a holiday every year, we (my son and others) have their computers, no difference except a computer lasts more than 2 weeks :) :) :)

ascu75 likes this.
  14. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Like everything. Whatever floats your boat, horses for courses and all that.

The memories of my holidays (I don't do just lying on a beach and get pissed holidays) will last a lifetime.

ascu75 and SqueamishOssifrage like this.
  15. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

...Well, you won't need to heat the house in winter:D

ascu75 likes this.
  16. Stephen Rundle

He constantly does sy his room is always hot, I never believed it with a large power supply and all the parts, he complains when I am cold and put the heat on. :(

ascu75 likes this.
  17. Stephen Rundle

However we are looking forward to the best holiday for him (I will be bored senseless) booking this after Covid 19

He will be taking a laptop :confused::confused::confused::confused:

https://www.justgoholidays.com/itin...cebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Organic

18. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

It's about getting a balance. Gaming can be very harmful to physical and mental health. My two sons (one with Aspergers) built their own computers as teenagers and were regular gamers. One also went running and had quite a respectable 10k time, the other played rugby.

ascu75 likes this.
  19. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I have had some great trips on trains. We were looking at something similar (just a trip with dinner, no hotel) on a classic train.

20. Stephen Rundle

I find trains sooooooooooo boring, but my son loves them, personally as a single father it is nice to sit back and be waited on :) :), living in Davon, Cornwall, Pontefract, Wales, Invergordon there can't be many I have not been dragged to :(