1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new pride and joy

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Benchista, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Well, it arrived today - the camera I've always wanted. Not cosmetically perfect - it's a user. Mechanically wonderful, though. I'm in love.
    Great service from our friends in Vienna - and as Tim says, the auction catalogue is amazing, And hardback!

Nick BSRIPN

2. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Pleased to hear it, Nick. And nowt wrong with a 'user' model. With TLC it will outlast all of us here. Good Rule of Thumb - If the shutter button is a bit sticky, it needs a service.

Congrats on the new arrival!

[​IMG]

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Did I mention that I got something similar not so long back?

Nick BSRIPN

4. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Er, Nick - what happened to your New Year's Resolution? Does this mean you are Two Rolleiflexes Nick? What's your other one?

Two Rolleiflexes Clive

[​IMG]

5. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

If you ask me, he's two Rolleiflexes short of the full brick! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big(Who is common and only has a Yashicamat!)Will

<font color=blue>Someday Jeri Ryan will weaken!<font color=black>

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Actually, three! But two 3.5Fs - an unmetered Planar (unmarked lens, but otherwise a bit tatty) is the other one. And the third is a Baby - which is an absolutely beautiful little camera.
    New Year's what? I kept it for ages - it was you that made me break it!

Nick BSRIPN

7. parisian

parisian Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world of 'common' then. That makes three of us with you me and Geoff. (Probably find that Nick and Tim each have 5 or 6 but didn't think them worth mentioning) /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

<font color=blue>Always remember that if sex is a pain in the ass - you're doing it wrong! </font color=blue>

8. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

so what is it Nick?

[​IMG]
    FRIPN

9. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Only Yashica I've got is a 44. /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Tim BSRIPN [​IMG]

10. Larry Shone

i went for one of those but was told its purely for collectors only as you cant get 127 anymore. They also said to avoid buying a camera that used 120 as its too expensive! and they have 2 rolleis in the window!

[​IMG]FRIPN

11. TimF

Who are "they" Larry? As usual "they" don't know their arse from their elbows. 127 film IS available - only in B&W from Jessops Classics mind, unless you want to go to Diane's source in the States but I think you have to buy bulk there.

Roll for roll, 120 film is actually cheaper than 35mm.

Tim BSRIPN [​IMG]

12. Larry Shone

we were scouting for my xmas pressie, looking for a second body and i noticed a rolleicord for fairly good price but Helen looked at me as if I'd grown another head!

[​IMG]FRIPN

13. TimF

Have you looked in the mirror since this happened! /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Tim BSRIPN [​IMG]

14. Larry Shone

cheeky sod . BTW,what IS Nicks new Pride and joy, he never did say

[​IMG]FRIPN

15. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Don't you lot ever read my posts? Only last Tuesday I posted about the availability of 127 film: http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showpost.pl?Board=classics&Number=570&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5 - in short, there is Jessops, and Maco in B&W (half the price, from Mr CAD). BUT, and it's a very big but, shortly (Xmas/New Year) there'll be a new colour slide film available in 127 - Macochrome UCR 100. So don't believe any idiot who says 127 isn't available, and three cheers for Hans O. Mahn & Co - film will NEVER die whilst they're around!

Nick BSRIPN

16. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

P.S. Mr CAD have even advertised the B&W stuff (apparantly in 100 AND 400) in recent APs.

Nick BSRIPN

17. Larry Shone

oh im not after 127, i was just making a point of what the shopkeeper said to deter me from using a camera that uses 'old' film as they might put it. complete bollix as 120 is most definitey alive and well.
    I'd love a rollei or something similar, to experiment with never having used anything larger than 135.
    BTW, what is your new pride and joy!

[​IMG]FRIPN

18. TimF

He's said several times - tis a Rollei 3.5 (I hope!)

Tim BSRIPN [​IMG]

19. Larry Shone

ooooh lovely!

[​IMG]FRIPN

20. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yeah, the 3.5F with the Xenotar lens, meter (and diffuser!), case, orange and UV filters. And lenshood. A camera I've wanted for over half my life!

Nick BSRIPN