1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

My missus has suggested this...

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by Lounge Lizard, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Sorry - website does not translate ;)

3. Lounge Lizard

Neither does your sig line but I don't complain about it. ;)

4. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

hahaha

Is it something about vignetting? :)

*JOKING DAVID*

5. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Ask... You'll probably get a 'No', but you might get a 'Yes'

6. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Dutch ---> English = No have you, yes you can get!

7. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Online translation software doesn't really reflect the actual spoken language does it.

Ever tried it with Welsh phrases?

8. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Nah, yer right it disnae. Unless ye ken the dilek, ye huvnae a chance, bye the way but, awa 'n' bile yer heid. ;)

Ever tried it with Scots? ;)

9. Lounge Lizard

For some other forum I won't mention...

"Vignetting is when the brain selects an incorrect aperture thus preventing you from seeing the whole picture."

10. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

11. Lounge Lizard

Thanks Jack. BTW, now that Canon Canada will talk to us because they can deliver to a Canadian address, they now think that they don't have a French version of the manual... :(

12. Done_rundleCams

Hi David,

I know a guy who used to work at the Canon order desk but now works for a retailer in Toronto so I can send him an email to see if he can use his connections at Canon to snag one or see if they have one getting around the store (he currently works at).........Give me 5 minutes and I shall send him an email...(18:23)...........done (18:25)....

....so let's cross our fingers :)

Cheers,

Jack

13. Done_rundleCams

Re: My missus has suggested this...//david

Morning David,

I got quite a positive reply back (and for a much cheaper price than I had been quoted by the Canon Rep) and am I going to contact them for verification and I will PM/post the information. This should probably take place on (my) Tuesday afternoon/evening or Wednesday morning.

Cheers,

Jack

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Interesting concept. Don't think I can make it this year, but perhaps we could offer to send a "delegation of Amateur Photographers" ourselves next year? Could be fun!

P.S. I notice one of them has much worse vignetting problems than you, David: see here.

15. Lounge Lizard

Yes, I saw that one. The 5D isn't that bad so I guessed that this was a Nikon example. ;)