1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

My latest 'Gift' OLYMPUS gear --

Discussion in 'Olympus Chat' started by PeteE, May 4, 2020.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

YO !! A former lady member of Brentwood & District Photographic Club whose Husband died in his darkroom in 1993 is finally sorting out her garage where there is LOADS of Photo Gear stored ---- she is a NIKON FE user and I have just serviced her beat-up FE 3 bodies - She has been giving me OLYMPUS stuff which was her Husbands -

[​IMG]OM-2 SP Group by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    400mm f6.3 'Paragon' lens, 70-210 mm Tamron zoom, Kiron 1.5x Match Mate, T32 Olympus Flash ----

[​IMG]Olympus Gear by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

I have tried the 400mm f6.3 lens with the 1.5 X Match-Mate on very old outdated 'Test' film and it gives a 'Vignette' effect!

[​IMG]Very Old Grainy Fuji Super HG 1600 and OM-2n by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Catriona likes this.
  2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

The OM-2 SP was a pleasant little camera with a poor circuit design that caused rapid battery depletion. Best to remove the batteries when storing the camera.

3. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Thanks for the 'reminder' !

4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Olympus were good at doing that, the OM4 suffered the same problem.

5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Now that's a photographer's way to go!

6. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I'm getting a bit worried sitting here in my Darkroom / Computer room after my Big Liver Cancer operation BUT so far I'm still going with less HAIR than before !

7. gray1720

You're still alive to complain, Pete, that's not such a bad thing! Long may it stay so, too!

8. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Thanks ! Had a 'Follow-up' call from Hospital just now and Nurse said I could go out on some 'Gentle Exercise With Old Cameras' especially as I'm not so SORE at last ! YO !!

spinno likes this.
  9. gray1720

I'd say exercising old Olympi counts as gentle exercise - you can get the Nikon gear back out when they say that heavy exercise is OK!

Slightly more seriously, that's great news, enjoy yourself.

10. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Ha ha ! Yes - I have the use of my Wife's NIKON gear ! PS -- I can BEND enough at last to put my SOCKS on myself !

spinno likes this.