1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first personal website

Discussion in 'Personal Portfolio Sites' started by Mark Coull, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Mark Coull

Mark Coull Active Member

https://gallery.markcoullphotography.com

Launched my first personal website near the end of 2019 (only a couple of months old).

Was created in pixieset, but I may change it to squarespace.

Made up of images taken from 2017-2019.

2. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Nice site. The homepage is nice and clean. I would suggest trying to avoid repetition with the images. In the Landscapes section there are a number of shots of the harbour, which look to have been taken within minutes of each other. It can end up looking a bit like a Flickr or Instagram account that way.
    Also, I think you need a "Home Page" button in each of the galleries. Once in a gallery I couldn't see how to get out without hitting the Back button a number of times.

Mark Coull likes this.
  3. Mark Coull

Mark Coull Active Member

Hey thanks for the feedback,

I started doing my landscapey and astro stuff end of 2018 so it is quite lacking, I'll look to be more selective in the landscape section like you mentioned. Yeah I noticed there isn't an actual back button, which annoys me with pixieset, I've been looking at Squarespace as an alternative as I've seen some lovely examples. If you click on mark coull photography it take you back to the "home" page, but it opens another browser tab, which is also annoying haha.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Looking at this it is quite nice and the site works well. If though you are trying to market pictures through the site there is nothing that sets them much apart from what a lot of other people are doing, the pictures are quite generic, not I stress poor.

5. Mark Coull

Mark Coull Active Member

I sell plenty of my images as prints, hence why I made the site, but thanks for the delightful feedback

6. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Gulp - I recognised Dunottar Castle and the nearby memorial immediately ! Never had such great sky/sunset on the few occasions that I have been rear it, though.

IMHO - always best to have a clear way to get back to Home from every subsequent page that anyone opens

Mark Coull likes this.
  7. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Are you selling from the website, I didn’t see how.

8. Mark Coull

Mark Coull Active Member

Yeah totally agree, I'm either gonna pay the few extra quid for the full website facilities or move to Squarespace, but for the moment it'll do as not everyone uses facebook and the images are too small on IG. Thanks for the feedback.

9. Mark Coull

Mark Coull Active Member

It has the option to set up e-commerce, I've just not gotten around to setting it up (this is just a hobby). All my sales are through my facebook page. The site is only 2-3 months old.