1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

My first human model

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by 1andybray, Jun 11, 2011.

1. 1andybray

1andybray Active Member

Hi all, went down to the woods today and got a few shots of my friend. Any thoughts/comments appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    IMG_0061 by me+2oD, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    IMG_0126 by me+2oD, on Flickr
    Thanks for looking.

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

First shows some promise, but it is only just hovering above the snap category. It is a nice family type close up.
    Second, the head is way too soft, legs look huge extended into the foreground and it is really not appealing to me. Just a matter of trying more and more.

3. hil26

hil26 Well-Known Member

#1- nice portrait

#2- pose looks very unnatural, but keep at it as practice will help achieve those better images

4. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

#2 is horrible. I can't think your model will thank you for posting it... most unflattering.

5. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

First one is a nice snap shot.

Second one is better in that you've had an idea for a shot and given it a good go. As has already been said, the pose is quite unflattering and the focus is off. The shot also looks a bit flat but that could be the lappy screen I'm viewing on!

An good first effort Andy... keep at it :)

6. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

From a photography POV the first does nothing I am afraid. The second less. :(

The second seems to have camera shake. Which is not a surprise as it is 1/30 on a 50mm lens. Must have been very weak light to end up at 1600ISO as well.

I suspect it is handheld. If so you should invest in a light weight tripod. It will help in these situations. Also help avoid breaking the noise ceiling of 721ISO of the 20D.

What I find puzzling is the first shot (no camera shake I can see) is shot at 1/100 800ISO.

Did the light fade on you?