1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

My ambitious daughter!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dream_police, Sep 12, 2020.

1. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

While in Transit anyway.

2. PeteRob

3. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

That should have had a spoiler alert. I'm tyred of those who try and put the brake on people carrier's fun. Well someone had to administer the coupe de grace.

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need a pick up.

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I asked her yesterday what it was about. She was writing down overheard conversations from kids in her school. I wonder, therefore, If that other girl did.

EightBitTony likes this.
  6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Please tow the line..

7. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I'm sure he'll coupe

8. PeteRob

The post wasn't intended to be a spoiler, rather to provide some extra encouragement, though if you were after spoilers there was a particularly ugly Sierra Cosworth if I remember correctly.

9. PeteRob

That's 10/10 for quick thinking.

My niece was at one point dead set on becoming a holiday rep. at one (or more) of the livelier resorts. I don't think I could have coped with raising girls.

10. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

As she is struggling to find any work whatsoever and will end up on universal credit she has told us that she can sell some of her eggs for £750!

Catriona likes this.
  11. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Clearly not Fabergé eggs, then. :D:D:D

12. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Faux-bergé eggs?

13. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Does your daughter have a website?

14. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Any eggstra cash is a bonus I suppose

15. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Are there any companies she likes the look of? The personal approach sometimes works well. Companies can be lazy!

16. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Our neighbours daughter is home from university and applying for jobs it’s difficult out there at the moment.

17. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Certainly is. My daughter has just started her PGCE (always her plan), so she's OK for this year at least, but lots of her friends have no jobs to go to. My wife has bucked the trend by actually taking on a graduate trainee this year, but that really is the exception.

Learning likes this.
  18. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

MJB likes this.
  19. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

£750 each, I hope. Also hold some back just in case they become valuable. All must be photographed and recorded. Too many artists end up penniless while dealers and buyers make a bomb.
    Beware the taxman. Record all expenses. If your daughter is way off paying taxes now then there always is that possibility that she gets lucky (has the right contacts?) and needs to consider such affairs seriously.

20. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named