1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

My 8 legged friends(SPIDER PICS)

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Larry Shone, Feb 10, 2008.

1. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Cool shots Larry...nice beasties :cool: That funky looking one with the knobbly knees...is it an import?

The tarantulas are stunning...got to see and photograph one at a local butterfly farm a few months ago :) ...keeper insisted I held it too tho

Seems like the spiders are coming out again round here and getting easier to find...been out photographing some this weekend :D Am still rubbish at IDing them properly tho :eek:

2. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Oh sorry Andrew,that funky one isn't mine, its actually a photo of one in the wild that was taken by a fellow BTS member on a field trip,lucky git.

3. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Field trip where? In the UK? Haven't seen one like that in a book never mind out in the woods :(

4. Larry Shone

No it was a field trip abroad,not sure where,possibly Costa Rica

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

No wonder I haven't seen one locally then! :D

Might have some new spidey shots later ;) Those money spiders are tricky to get nice pics of...do they ever sit still!! (although I hear there are apparently over 400 species of them that are pretty much impossible to tell apart without disecting them...saves me the bother of trying and failing to ID those ones :D ).

6. Larry Shone

Yea my spider book,which is THE guide to spiders doesn't show pics of them cos they're so small and similar. Definitely need a microscope to ID them,and even tho I have a 'scope I'm not willing to have a go!

7. downfader

downfader Well-Known Member

That false widow is cool. :cool: Seen something like it in our garden. Must get myself a nice book on insects, arachnids and anything else nice and small.

Microscopes eh? I used to have one. Made the mistake of selling it at a car boot for a fiver in the mid 90s - the blimmin thing had nikkor scientific glass on it too I think. Still fancy a microscope, I'd prolly go for one with a camera/slr attachment and duel eye peice if I had the money. :D

8. Larry Shone

Oh mines just a simple student type, no point me having a stereo one as I can only see thru one eye.

[​IMG]

9. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Bliddy hell, youve finally proved God does exist! 2+3 is now 4 :D :D

[​IMG]