1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

My 2019

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by RovingMike, Jan 9, 2020.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

First Quarter

Well as far as I can see, I took at least 1000 shots each month, so bit of a lucky dip which I put up. The year started with me still beavering away on the Bishopsgate surroundings project.

First time out on Jan 4th, I got some nice winter sun in Brick Lane:

[​IMG]

Then I caught a council sanitation operative trying to do something about my fave back alley, which does become a health hazard quite often:

[​IMG]

February, I found this enigmatic lady had replaced a nice pic of a guy. Lucky I got her then, as next time I passed she was sadly gone:

[​IMG]

By contrast, I went to the block my company is moving into and this was one of many:

[​IMG]

March I was still doing Bishopsgate, but my friend David called me up to town to shoot mug shots of him him for launch of his new book. Publisher had rejected his old shots and was due out immediately, so no time to set up a studio.

[​IMG]

Then I got picked out of a hat to be let into the derelict mental Hospital's Horton Chapel to shoot it before it is turned into an arts centre. Couldn't understand how the music looked so clean:

[​IMG]

EightBitTony, Dan S and Catriona like this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Which shot did they choose in the end? The third?
    I like your range of shots for the first quarter. I've just spent an hour weeding mine and deleting a lot!

3. RovingMike

Yes I think so. But this was a triptych I put together for a "3 of a kind" competition, then never used, so I was contrasting expressions. They got about 16 to choose from.

Catriona likes this.
  4. RovingMike

Second Quarter

In April, I was asked by the council landscape head to shoot some parts of the Hogsmill river I'd missed, particularly the Clinker Bridge they had rediscovered completely overgrown by jungle:

[​IMG]

Then I finally got down to trying to do something new with the modern buildings in the City and not replicating well-known cliches. Think I managed a few:

[​IMG]

In May, the council arranged with Thames Ware for me to have access to the nature reserve within the sewage works to shoot a section of the Hogsmill River. Not a lot there really, quite disappointing:

[​IMG]P5040116 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

I also got to start on some freestyle street stuff for Bishopsgate. A lot more fun than documenting things:

[​IMG]

In June I was asked to do three specified locations in Epsom & Ewell for the Mayor's calendar. One was Nonsuch House, but they didn't warn me there was a huge marquee in front of it:

[​IMG]

Then off on holls touring China, so just one of n squared shots from there:

[​IMG]

EightBitTony and Dan S like this.
  5. RovingMike

Third Quarter

In July I did the big anti Brexit march. Fat lot of good that did any of us;

[​IMG]

Also managed to get back to the sewage works and do some industrial landscape:

[​IMG]

In August I was back down the Brick Lane area and doing streety stuff:

[​IMG]

Then pitching in to support the Mayor of London's Totally Thames programme:

[​IMG]

September saw us off to the coast and I was doing my Seaside at end of the season thing:

[​IMG]

And shooting the Great River Race:

[​IMG]

6. RovingMike

Fourth Quarter

October was marching vs Brexit again:

[​IMG]

And getting bored at a meeting at the Barbican and wandering around looking for anything that might resemble a shot:

[​IMG]

November I started an Autumn in the City theme:

[​IMG]

But ran out of Autumn before I got too far:

[​IMG]

Then in December RPS started a theme on Transportation, so I started work on London Transport Signage and Iconography as my bit.

[​IMG]

And broadened that to include an element of lifestyle:

[​IMG]

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

excellent!

RovingMike and EightBitTony like this.