1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Flash Bursts

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by AlterBridger, Mar 29, 2008.

1. AlterBridger

AlterBridger Member

Ive been watching reporters photograhing celebrities and often see them taking multiple shots along with mulitple flash. When I try this I have to wait for my 380EX to recharge after a single shot. They dont appear to have a battery pack so how do they do it?

Alan

2. Intermanaut

Intermanaut Well-Known Member

Lower flash output, perhaps? Better batteries, better flash guns, faster lenses, ...

3. TallPaul

TallPaul Well-Known Member

Maybe their flash has a mode to allow that, I know my Sony Flash has a multi-flash mode, so you can have several flashes inside one exposure.

4. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Lowering the flash output is often the answer, if they are in close it still works ok and keeps up with the right finger.

5. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

As said above, lower flash output. As well as higher ISO settings. One of the reasons you may see multiple flashes is that many (most?_ "modern" cameras/flashes set the exposure by using a pre-flash to measure the output required. Also , a bank of 'togs flashing at the same time (but not simultaneously) will give the impression that might look like one flash firing very fast.

6. mart1st

mart1st Well-Known Member

Canon cameras haye a multiple shot facility, 300d about 4, 5d quite a lot. What then is needed is a flashgun with a large storage capacitor and a low power setting. I think I got about 25 on my 5d and Sunpak hammerhead.