1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Mouse

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by MickLL, Jul 15, 2019.

1. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

My (unwired) mouse has become uncontrollable. I've changed the battery to no avail.

An old wired mouse is fine.

Any ideas please?

MickLL

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

uncontrollable in that it keeps moving by itself or that it does nothing?

edit for clarity - that the pointer on the screen moves by itself

3. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

Sorry.

The cursor doesn't move by itself and does move in response to mouse movements. However it doesn't go where and when it should so 'landing' on a button I need to click is well nigh impossible. It seems to jerk around and not always follow the direction that it's moved. Selecting a word in this post, for example, would be completely hit and miss.

MickLL

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I can't suggest anything other than clean the runners and the lens, and your desk. My wireless mouse picks up a lot of dirt on the runners that raises it a bit.

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

6. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

Thanks folks - tried everything but no joy.

Ended buying a new mouse which works perfectly.

MickLL