1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Morning Stroll

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by El_Sid, Sep 30, 2021.

1. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Dan S and Catriona like this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Bit of a fight for attention between the foreground boats and the figure for me. The figure seems a bit alien to the composition. It is also a bit messy where the top of the hedge is thin, to the right of the man looking at the picture, and the stray twigs are overlaid on the cloud. The boundary of the hedge is probably more clear in colour.

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Have to agree with Pete, it just doesn't connect. Can't really see any fix myself.

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Its' the sea defences(?) that spoil it for me. The photography is certainly as competent as I could manage.
    I don't think that I would have taken a photo and if I did, would not post it. However that isn't saying much. I have only posted two or three photos in appraisal since I joined the forum.

5. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Not one of my more successful efforts then...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments everyone.:)

6. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

I like it. The figure does seem a bit out of place but if you crop the left hand boats out then the figure adds a bit of intrigue, like he is out of place in a good way.

7. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I did think about getting rid of the boats but couldn't convince myself....:rolleyes: You might be on to something though....

8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Really depends whether you just want a record of the scene, or a more creative shot using the juxtaposition of man and boats, which can form a nice diagonal. There is a sort of story in that, as it recognises that he is looking at the boats, so you presume going to them:

[​IMG]

9. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Definitely a stronger shot Mike.

I'm convinced. Now, where did I put my digital scissors?...:)